Anyone coming from USA to DR? I need a cell phone.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Hello good folks of DR1. Notice I am being good to everyone. yes, you have figured it out correctly, I need a favor.
My nephew wants to gift me his android phone. Its a HTC inspire, AT&T android phone. If I send it via EPS, I may get it without any problems or custom might stick duty on a used phone. I saw robert pulling his hair off his head when his SSD drive was stuck in customs for a month. I would hate to go through this mess. The phone is used but it seems it has a defect in it so maybe my nephew might be able to have it replaced with a newer (refurbished) model of the same kind. Then the phone might look shiny new. I wouldn't want customs to think its a new phone. I will not have a receipt. I, basically, want to avoid problems. If someone is coming from USA to santiago or santo domingo area or anywhere in between (I do travel from SD to santiago on weekends), I would be able to meet them and pick it up personally. I can have it fed ex to your american address.
Thanks in advance if anyone can help. The phone can be shipped to you after tuesday, because my nephew will get a newer phone by then.
AZB

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I have a good friend going to Santo Domingo this Thursday, November 3rd. and he will be staying at the Hotel Pe?alba.

Send me the phone via US Postal Service Next Day Air to my P.O. box, I'll get it to him and your problem can be resolved quickly.

No fuss, no muss.

But I must get the phone either Tuesday if sent today before 5 or 6 pm or the latest Wednesday.

Let me know and I'll send you a pm with my mailing address. I'll be checking periodically during the day so you can send my info to your nephew ASAP.

canadandy

Apr 17, 2008
If you can't find anyone, another option is picknsend.com They have offices all over the country and very reasonable rates.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
If all else fails Aftab, I am returning near the end of November (3-4 weeks).

Not only could you pick up the phone in Santiago but we could kill two birds with one stone and you can see and review the Obi110 unit at the same time.

Don

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
thanks for the offers. So many people have come forward. Now the problem is, my vagabundo (lazy) nephew won't even pick up my phone calsl. who knows when he will send the damn phone. :(
lets wait and see what happens.
AZB

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
will be arriving dec 1 to sdq, if too late for the others let me know i would be happy to help, ben

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
thanks for the offer ben.
Seems like my nephew will wait for the 2 new models at&t will offer on november 6th. Both are LTE models. So I would have to wait till after he buys his phone and then I will get his old one. Thanks