Sosua Publicos_Questions

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Anybody venture to guess what a good price would be to offer a publico (private, just for me), from Sosua, to drive me to Jarabacoa, one way????

How long of a drive is it???????

Also, what kind of price could I offer them to chauffeur me around for 8 hours from Sosua to different stops around the Puerto Plata area????????

I did rent a taxi a couple of years ago from Cabarete to take a tour around Puerto Plata, for the better part of the day, and he charged me $80 US.

P.S.
Anybody ever stay at the Brisas del Yaque II in Jarabacoa???? Thoughts about the place???? Do they have room safes?????

Thanks much,
FB

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
carro publico can be rented but maybe is not the best kind of auto for those roads. i would recommend you look for a driver with a jeepeta. cannot help you with the prices, thou...

Aug 31, 2011
Can someone find the taxi prices from POP to Rio San Juan? I saw a post by "Ken" in another area of the forum. It was made in 2006. I would like current prices.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Anybody venture to guess what a good price would be to offer a publico (private, just for me), from Sosua, to drive me to Jarabacoa, one way????

How long of a drive is it???????

Also, what kind of price could I offer them to chauffeur me around for 8 hours from Sosua to different stops around the Puerto Plata area????????

I did rent a taxi a couple of years ago from Cabarete to take a tour around Puerto Plata, for the better part of the day, and he charged me $80 US.

P.S.
Anybody ever stay at the Brisas del Yaque II in Jarabacoa???? Thoughts about the place???? Do they have room safes?????

Thanks much,
FB

I regularly took a private driver from jarabacoa to POP airport. It costed me between 1500 and 2000 rds