Thread: Sosua Publicos_Questions

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sosua Publicos_Questions

Anybody venture to guess what a good price would be to offer a publico (private, just for me), from Sosua, to drive me to Jarabacoa, one way????

How long of a drive is it???????

Also, what kind of price could I offer them to chauffeur me around for 8 hours from Sosua to different stops around the Puerto Plata area????????

I did rent a taxi a couple of years ago from Cabarete to take a tour around Puerto Plata, for the better part of the day, and he charged me $80 US.

P.S.
    Anybody ever stay at the Brisas del Yaque II in Jarabacoa???? Thoughts about the place???? Do they have room safes?????

Thanks much,
    FB
    Last edited by FritoBandito; 10-31-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not take Caribe Tours or Metro at least to Santiago?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Why not take Caribe Tours or Metro at least to Santiago?
    I'd like to go up the road from Sabaneta, through the highlands, to Jarabacoa......

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

carro publico can be rented but maybe is not the best kind of auto for those roads. i would recommend you look for a driver with a jeepeta. cannot help you with the prices, thou...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Can someone find the taxi prices from POP to Rio San Juan? I saw a post by "Ken" in another area of the forum. It was made in 2006. I would like current prices.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FritoBandito View Post
    Anybody venture to guess what a good price would be to offer a publico (private, just for me), from Sosua, to drive me to Jarabacoa, one way????

How long of a drive is it???????

Also, what kind of price could I offer them to chauffeur me around for 8 hours from Sosua to different stops around the Puerto Plata area????????

I did rent a taxi a couple of years ago from Cabarete to take a tour around Puerto Plata, for the better part of the day, and he charged me $80 US.

P.S.
    Anybody ever stay at the Brisas del Yaque II in Jarabacoa???? Thoughts about the place???? Do they have room safes?????

Thanks much,
    FB
    I regularly took a private driver from jarabacoa to POP airport. It costed me between 1500 and 2000 rds

7. Likes FritoBandito liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that private driver still available?