Where can my friend get a mammogram?

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
She lives in Las Terrenas; however, I'm thinking she may need to go to Sto Domingo?
Thank you for any information!
Susan

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I am sure she could get one closer as most of the private clinics in San Pedro offered mammograms. If you ask at one of the local doctors in Las Terrenas they will know where she can have one done as close as possible.

matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i had mine done in santiago, clinica union. but every larger clinic should have the equipment, i suppose.
the price may be a bigger problem, for this rather unpleasant procedure one pays well over 2k pesos (without insurance).

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
the price may be a bigger problem, for this rather unpleasant procedure one pays well over 2k pesos (without insurance).
At the modern private clinics. when you consider the technology appears to be on par with the US, do your really think about US$51 is out of line? They aren't buying the equipment any cheaper in the DR than in the US. They are saving on the cost of the professional components, but I wouldn't say 2K pesos is out of line. (BTW, the locals can get mammography done without cost in government clinics.)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
well, i can pay for a mammografia any day but not all are this fortunate.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
In Santiago, HOMS, Clinica Corominas, La Union M?dica, Centro M?dico Cibao are your four best bets. There are direct buses from Las Terrenas to Santiago at least four times a day, the procedure, while un comfortable is relatively fast.

HB