Shipping from Montreal

cacobaka

Mar 14, 2010
I have looked through these threads but haven't found anything with recent info..so i'm hoping someone can help me or lead me in the right direction.

I want to ship down two boxes of clothing, toys, and household goods to the DR. I am estimating that each box will be 50-75 lbs. I have heard about Peralta Brothers shipping company, has anyone had a good experience with them? Are there any other companies I should look into?

Thanks!

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
I've used Peralta and they are GREAT! They have always done exactly as they said they would. Even got my stuff early a couple of times.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I've used Peralta and they are GREAT! They have always done exactly as they said they would. Even got my stuff early a couple of times.
Please post their contact info. My wife needs to send me a few boxes from Montreal.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I, too, would be interested in some feedback.

All of my shipping thus far has been from NYC but I have Cdn things that need to go.

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
The cost for one of those blue barrels is about $150. They are very professional, everything I've ever shipped has arrived on time, in perfect shape. Have never had a "hidden" cost pop up. So please give them a try they are worth every penny not to have to deal with customs. You will have to call them for a price on the 50lb box as I don't have any idea.

villareyna1

Oct 19, 2011
Peralta Bros Shipping

Yes I have used them several times. We have a villa in Costambar and have shipped about 50 boxes down there -in fact we have a shipment in transit at this time..so far we have had very good experience. As long as you don't ship new electronics they can get almost anyhting else thru Customs with no problem and their service is door to door. I think they are very reasonably priced since they mostly serve Dominicans living in Canada who ship stuff back home. The more you ship the less it costs by box. Our present shipment consists of a bed and sveral small furniture items plus 6 boxes; total cost was $750. They occasionally make offers - last month it was I believe $130 per box. You have to remember that however small the shipment, there is a built in base charge for collecting, delivery, customs handling etc. so my advice is ship as much as you can each time.

I will let you know how the current shipment works out.

I have looked through these threads but haven't found anything with recent info..so i'm hoping someone can help me or lead me in the right direction.

I want to ship down two boxes of clothing, toys, and household goods to the DR. I am estimating that each box will be 50-75 lbs. I have heard about Peralta Brothers shipping company, has anyone had a good experience with them? Are there any other companies I should look into?

Thanks!

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I have tried for weeks to get hold of these guys to do some shipping. They never answer the phone. Impossible to get a hold of. Also the voice mailbox is full not a good sign.

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
Funny Contango, I've never had a problem getting hold of them. Send them an email, try their DR number too. They are a good company so keep trying.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Thanks Ybonabeach, Ive tried for the last several weeks, and they havent returned any of my emails...
If you get hold of them tell them to check thier "inbox".. :)

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
Contango: I've sent Maximo a text message telling him to check his inbox. Hope you hear from him soon.

cacobaka

Mar 14, 2010
I too have been trying for a while to get a hold of them, with no luck. Anyone else get through recently?