Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipping from Montreal

I have looked through these threads but haven't found anything with recent info..so i'm hoping someone can help me or lead me in the right direction.

I want to ship down two boxes of clothing, toys, and household goods to the DR. I am estimating that each box will be 50-75 lbs. I have heard about Peralta Brothers shipping company, has anyone had a good experience with them? Are there any other companies I should look into?

Thanks!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used Peralta and they are GREAT! They have always done exactly as they said they would. Even got my stuff early a couple of times.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ybonabeach View Post
    I've used Peralta and they are GREAT! They have always done exactly as they said they would. Even got my stuff early a couple of times.
    I highly recommend... bro's are friends of mine...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ybonabeach View Post
    Please post their contact info. My wife needs to send me a few boxes from Montreal.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Peralta Bros. Shipping
    next shipment 20th November 2011

7. Likes Eddy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I, too, would be interested in some feedback.

All of my shipping thus far has been from NYC but I have Cdn things that need to go.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know the approximate cost of shipping a 50lbs box?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The cost for one of those blue barrels is about $150. They are very professional, everything I've ever shipped has arrived on time, in perfect shape. Have never had a "hidden" cost pop up. So please give them a try they are worth every penny not to have to deal with customs. You will have to call them for a price on the 50lb box as I don't have any idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peralta Bros Shipping

Yes I have used them several times. We have a villa in Costambar and have shipped about 50 boxes down there -in fact we have a shipment in transit at this time..so far we have had very good experience. As long as you don't ship new electronics they can get almost anyhting else thru Customs with no problem and their service is door to door. I think they are very reasonably priced since they mostly serve Dominicans living in Canada who ship stuff back home. The more you ship the less it costs by box. Our present shipment consists of a bed and sveral small furniture items plus 6 boxes; total cost was $750. They occasionally make offers - last month it was I believe $130 per box. You have to remember that however small the shipment, there is a built in base charge for collecting, delivery, customs handling etc. so my advice is ship as much as you can each time.

I will let you know how the current shipment works out.

Quote Originally Posted by cacobaka View Post
    I have looked through these threads but haven't found anything with recent info..so i'm hoping someone can help me or lead me in the right direction.

I want to ship down two boxes of clothing, toys, and household goods to the DR. I am estimating that each box will be 50-75 lbs. I have heard about Peralta Brothers shipping company, has anyone had a good experience with them? Are there any other companies I should look into?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast