~Escape the Punta Cana Bubble...lol...Best route to Pico Duarte!!!

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
We are looking to expand our travel throughout the RD, we would like to drive up to Pico Duarte....can anyone advise as to the best route via Jeepetta from Punta Cana!!!!

~Thanks in Advance:laugh:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
You can't "drive" up to Pico Duarte.

Well, unless riding a mule for 3 days is "driving"...

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~OK CB...having never been there I would not have known that!!....however what would be the best route to get as close to it as I can to get on that Mule adventure....lol....just would like to see it and travel around the area....any suggestions!!!

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
You can't "drive" up to Pico Duarte.

Well, unless riding a mule for 3 days is "driving"...

Perhaps I should clarify my request to "Best Route from Punta Cana to Jarabacoa" from Jarabacoa we can find a tour group to climb the 14 miles to the Peak at that location!!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Punta Cana->Santo Domingo->Autopista Duarte->Hwy 12 to Jarabacoa->through town (don't bear left at the ayuntiamento), turn right at the stoplight, turn left at the bottom of the hill->to Manabao->rt. to La Cienaga.

It's a 3-day hike at minimum. I'd suggest getting in touch with Rancho Biaguate to arrange an excursion to PD. You really can't just go and take the excursion. It takes planning, animals and a guide.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Punta Cana->Santo Domingo->Autopista Duarte->Hwy 12 to Jarabacoa->through town (don't bear left at the ayuntiamento), turn right at the stoplight, turn left at the bottom of the hill->to Manabao->rt. to La Cienaga.

It's a 3-day hike at minimum. I'd suggest getting in touch with Rancho Biaguate to arrange an excursion to PD. You really can't just go and take the excursion. It takes planning, animals and a guide.

~ CB....I thank you for the direction and suggestion of Rancho Biaguate....I know its not a picnic in the park...however I would like to experiance the mountain and surrounding area I hear its wonderful...I will contact Ransho Biaguate for further information...;)

Feb 7, 2007
You can also start your trek from the other side, there is a base in Constanza as well.

So that would be Punta Cana - Higuey - Romana - San pedro - Capital - Autopista Duarte - Constanza