Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Place to stay in SD near the nightlife

Hello all,

I will be in SD next weekend, does anyone have any advise where i should stay?? Looking to be as close as possible to the nightlife. Also any night clubs recommendations as well please..

thank you very much!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you have two choices - Around Ave Lincoln and Churchill, and around Ave Venezuela. The first one, you can stay in Clarion in Naco, second one the closest decent would be Napolitano. The center between the two - Melia, Jaragua, Intercontinental Quinto Centenario, Hilton. Plus lots of smaller guest houses on Independencia and side streets.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbogdan83 View Post
    Hello all,

I will be in SD next weekend, does anyone have any advise where i should stay?? Looking to be as close as possible to the nightlife. Also any night clubs recommendations as well please..

thank you very much!
    Here's a good place to research what you want:

Colonial Zone Guide, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello all,

thank you very much!
    It depend what kind of clubs are you looking for.
    If you are into techno-house music, the best places are around Lincoln-Churchill area. Rain, Amika, Zambra, Republik, etc. (most places in this area are for middle upper class Dominicans and they are not too friendly with tourists)
    For some latin music then go to Ave. Venezuela. Wao, Cool bar, Eclipse, etc (Here people are more open towards tourists)
    Zona Colonial. maybe the best place to stay for nightlife. plenty of bar, clubs and lounge. best places are: Encuentro Artesanal, Onnos bar, Trat, La Espiral (for some rock), all other places are into techno-house. Also Parada 77, HRC, Segafredo, V, etc.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Are all these places located in the Colonial Zone? Seems like everyone is talking about the Colonial zone and the nightlife there.... thanks

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Are all these places located in the Colonial Zone? Seems like everyone is talking about the Colonial zone and the nightlife there.... thanks
    It's a good place to start. Read through the links on that site and you will be able to map your way past the colonial zone with a pretty good selection of destinations.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are into techno-house music, the best places are around Lincoln-Churchill area. Rain, Amika, Zambra, Republik, etc. (most places in this area are for middle upper class Dominicans and they are not too friendly with tourists)
    Unless you are harassing women, you will likely not encounter problems, maybe if you are alone (Not implying this is Johnny's situation). Bring a friend that lives here (male/female, Dominican or not) and you will enjoy yourself much more).

For some latin music then go to Ave. Venezuela. Wao, Cool bar, Eclipse, etc (Here people are more open towards tourists)
    Open to tourists and their wallets.

Zona Colonial. maybe the best place to stay for nightlife. plenty of bar, clubs and lounge. best places are: Encuentro Artesanal, Onnos bar, Trat, La Espiral (for some rock), all other places are into techno-house. Also Parada 77, HRC, Segafredo, V, etc.
    My vote goes here.

Obviously, everyone is different, and maybe none of these places will strike you, tell us more about yourself.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

im not really into techno music and tourist places. last time i came down i went to cool bar amd eclipse which wasnt too bad so i guess im looking for a similar place. also looking for a place where reguler chicas go and meet guys, not too interested in the ones looking for work. i know its hard to find them especially being a tourist but im sure its possible.

thank you everyone for all your recommendations