Apartment Rental - Permanent

S

Stewart

Hi

Does anyone know what sort of money I would be looking at a month to rent a one bedroom or studio apartment in or near Santo Domingo? This if for a long term lease not just a few weeks.

Anyone know any real estate agents websites that do rentals?

Thanks
Stewart

C

CPaulino

Of course it all depends on LOCATION.In the finer neighborhoods, 1 br. apartments are rare, but should go for between $7500 to as much as $17,000(pesos a month-$US 1000).For instance, furnished apts. in NACO 2000 apartment building in the fashionable Naco area would be $US 1000.00.

The oriental zone and ghetto neighborhoods would be lower($2500-4500), but not safe for foreigners. Most foreign people stay within the limits of Piantini,Bella Vista, Evaristo Morales,Los Cacicazgos and Naco and Urbanizacion Fernandez. Mirador Norte and Sur are also acceptable and lower in price than the above, but not as attractive.

Other optional cheaper neighborhoods, but reasonably safe and clean are Ensanche Quisqueya, El Millon, Los Prados. Las Praderas is also within this category but slightly more expensive. Many of the so-called Dominican Yorks live in these neighborhoods.

Remax and Coldwell Banker are locally established and have plenty of listings in local newspapers. I found few listings in Internet.

If you wish to see the quality of the neighborhoods, just look at the cars in the driveways and parked in the streets, visit the area both in the day and night to see the difference, look at the way people dress and if there are Colmados(grocery stores),betting parlors, clubs, small stores and beauty parlors around, stay away from it! Too many people in the streets is a bad sign. Likewise street vendors, fruit vendors and the like. That means, dirty streets, rats, roaches and bad odors.

J

Jim Hinsch

In my opinion, that is over priced. Unless you have reason to be in Santo Domingo (job, school, etc.), you are better off being just outside the city. You can always go in to shop, dine, or party.

Why not stay at the beach (Boca Chica), just 15-20 minutes by car from the outer edge of Santo Domingo. A 2-bedroom (unfurnished) house in a quiet and clean neighborhood go fro about RD$5000/month (US$300). A very small 2-bedroom furnished house in Los Coquitos will run about RD$2500/month (US$150).

A furnished luxury apartment (2-bdrm, pool, air, etc.) will run about US$750. Example - Bella Vista, Boca Chica:

bella_vista1_small.jpg

Also, about half of the hotels in Boca Chica have apartments that vary from studios to 2-bedrooms. Most will work out special pricing for long-term renters (up to half off), putting them in the range from US$400-800/month.

H

Henry

You should be able to get something cheaper than that! I think for 3000 to 5000 Pesos you will find something suiteable to your needs! (Do not got with realtors - the better offers are always in the newspaper! But of course then you have to walk arround and get the region known!)

I would recomend you Bella Vista, Casicasque, Gascue, Piantini, Naco, El Millon as starters!

Good luck!

Henry

J

John Stanley

Hi,
I'm looking to come to the Dom Rep in August or September on a three year contract and will need to find a three bedroom apartment. I have a five year old son who will need to go to a good school. My office is likely to be in Euclides Morilllo (Los Caminos) can anyone tell me what the nearby area is like?

Many thanks

G

George

when do you need the appartment i have one coming up in jan. email me at kobi23@net zero.comwiyh your phone # if your interested