Realestate fees?

oakboy

Dec 20, 2010
How are the usual closing fees on land or a house calculated? Who pays the seller or the buyer? What other fees are associated with a purchase ? Thanks

Gordon

Jan 24, 2011
I just asked a general question about listing properties at Century 21 and they quoted 8% charged to the seller. Wow and no MLS either. They siad maybe a slightly better deal available for an exclusive listing.

oakboy

Dec 20, 2010
Wow no wonder so many into realestate.Anyone else with experience would be an asset? So does this mean the buyer indirectly pays no fee?

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
In the DR, real estate is unregulated. Every person is a realtor and every deal subject to kickback. Buyers and Sellers Beware.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Sales commissions vary from 6% to 10% to whatever an unscrupulous agent can gouge from you. I prefer 6% in my dealings because it is reasonable. The additional closing fees will vary but assume they are 1% to 1.5% of the sale and you should be okay. This doesn't include legal fees, tho. I only use Guzman Ariza or Jeanette Garcia (Cabarete) because they are the most trustworthy I've ever met on this coast and their fees are very reasonable.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Because it is an unregulated industry it is "open season" for the agents towards the clients. It is best you acquire an "honest" lawyer before trading the jewels away for property.

Research everything about the property before entering a deal. In this country some properties have many owners.

Regards,

PJT

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
The seller pays the realtor, my fees this year have averaged at 5.2%. The buyer pays the lawyers fee = 1% of purchase price and the title transfer tax, the lawyer can give you the exact cost of that once you know what property you want to purchase. A reputable lawyer is a must!

dom

Jun 1, 2011
at the inside of the country, the regular comission is 5%, no dominican will pay you more then that.
in tourist areas, usually the comission is 10 % most realtors wont even list your properties for less, which does seem kind of abusive.

closing cost is 3% transfer tax of property value
1% yearly property tax

your lawyer cost