SOLUTION for DR's Economy & Traffic Problems!

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
Here's the silver bullet solution to DR's economic and traffic woes:

WHEREAS:

1) I read recently that 50% of youngsters under the age of 30 are unemployed

AND

2) It seems 90% of businesses are closed on Sundays

AND

3) It seems 50% of businesses close by 7pm

AND

4) Traffic is insane during 8-7pm because everyone is rushing around to get everything done before things close

THEREFOR BY MY IMAGINARY PRESIDENTIAL DECREE, I HEREBY MANDATE THAT:

1) All stores and businesses remain open till 10pm

2) All stores and business remain open on Sundays

1) and 2) above will force business owners to hire 2 sets of low priced staff - in essence, introducing the concept of 'shifts' into this country, something that seems foreign to supermarkets and other businesses.
1) and 2) will over time spread commerce past the 7pm barrier, thus spreading the crazy traffic across multiple hours and diluting the impact accordingly.
1) and 2) will make 'weekend shifts' a reality for those under 30 years old, because they can finally get their foot on the jobs ladder by filling in weekend shifts for employees.

IMPLEMENTATION:

I don't do implementation. I'm an 'ideas person' you guys figure out the rest haha.

HOW YOU CAN THANK ME:

I can be thanked in the following formats: nobel prizes, knighthoods, botellas (no show contracts).

Thank you

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
First, bring me those ruby slippers........That would be easier to accomplish than what you are proposing. Nice thought anyway.

S

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
2) It seems 90% of businesses are closed on Sundays

AND

3) It seems 50% of businesses close by 7pm

I sure hope you are referring to factory work, as in Zona franca and such, because if your not talking about those types of businesses; then your way off on your calculations.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
dOMINICANS NEED TO BE HOME BEFORE DARK!
Really!
Several years ago,"Hipolito" thought it would be easier for the DR,and "Nueba YOR" to keep the same time all year long,not just when "NUEBA" was on "Daylight Savings Time.
When NY turned back their clocks(like tonight!) so did the DR.
It got dark an hour earlier.Rush hour was now in the dark.Car accidents went balistic.Peaple couldn't find their way home in the dark! tHE THIEVES CAME OUT EARLY.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dOMINICANS NEED TO BE HOME BEFORE DARK!
Really!
Several years ago,"Hipolito" thought it would be easier for the DR,and "Nueba YOR" to keep the same time all year long,not just when "NUEBA" was on "Daylight Savings Time.
When NY turned back their clocks(like tonight!) so did the DR.
It got dark an hour earlier.Rush hour was now in the dark.Car accidents went balistic.Peaple couldn't find their way home in the dark! tHE THIEVES CAME OUT EARLY.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Was funny I remember that. LOL