Thanks Hillbilly

Ceiba

Sep 26, 2011
I just wanted to publicly thank Hillbilly for a great cigar factory tour. I realize that the folks here on DR1 know this already, but he's truly a gentleman and a scholar. My friend and I were in Santiago 2 weeks ago for vacation. Even with our time and accessibility constraints (my friend is in a wheelchair), Hillbilly arranged a great tour. The highlight of the tour for me was watching Hillbilly in action, teaching a mini-history lesson to the ladies who were sorting tobacco. For my friend the highlight was sitting around after the tour smoking a great Dominican cigar, drinking coffee, and talking baseball with Hillbilly.

This was our second vacation in Santiago, and this year was even better than last year. The baseball games in Santiago and San Francisco de Macor?s were great. Mondongo at Carrito de Marchena and late night sancocho at Central were delicious. The huge 850 year old ceiba pentandra tree on the road from Licey to Tamboril, Parque Col?n and the Fortaleza de San Luis overlooking the Yaque del Norte were all great places to relax and enjoy a cigar.

Thanks again Hillbilly.
Ceiba

Gregory Wales

Mar 7, 2002
www.mhhp.org
HB is a gentleman and a scholar as well as a gracious host.

Recently there was a post regarding a politician who did a stint in the DR through the Peace Corps. Luis, have you ever shared your experience in the Peace Corps on this board? Some photos from those days would be great too.

If it's already on the board somewhere, please provide a link, OK?

Gregory Wales