Holiday Traditions? Have any?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
It is Holiday time again!!! I have not been on this site ( reading it as an outsider didn't count) all that long but I am wondering what are your Christmas traditions. Did you bring any traditions from home? Is there something you do every year ( drinking not a tradition ok). For me I go to mass Christmas Eve after la cena de la Noche Buena ( spanish may not be correct ). Most everyone I have visited in the last week has their Christmas Tree up but I will wait until after Thanksgiving ( back from the US ) to put ours up.I will buy the usual grapes and apples and the mama juana ( inlaws bring this ). And of course listen to my father in-law tell stories from back in the day ( yes this is after a few tragos of rum). And then listen to " Grandma got run over by a reindeer " only to hear the kids ( son, sabrinas and sabrinos ) put their own spin to it. Something like " abuela got run over by a burro/vaca ). Ok so my family is crazy. But really what traditions do you have....

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
C-GomL-1-festivus-pole.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no tree, no santa, no gifts, no cooking, no family meetings. i left all that crap behind me and welcomed total freedom from christmas terror! bliss.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Did it for the first two years a bit like in my home country where it was already for many years the bare minimum, but this year, I am looking at it as dv8...away with the christmas terror!

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Ummm Cobraboy your Christmas definitely looks more exciting then mine..lol