coraaplata water - another day in paradise

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
it seems they are cutting off water supplies to people in la mulata even though we have contracts and telling us that we need new water pipes and new contracts as the old ones were illegal (eventhough we have been paying them in the coraaplata office)

I have been told that ten to 15 houses below the international school have all been cut off.....I wonder where we stand if we actually have a contract , probably no-where and I suppose it will now cost mega-bucks for a new line

they will probably have to dig up the road as well

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
it seems they are cutting off water supplies to people in la mulata even though we have contracts and telling us that we need new water pipes and new contracts as the old ones were illegal (eventhough we have been paying them in the coraaplata office)

I have been told that ten to 15 houses below the international school have all been cut off.....I wonder where we stand if we actually have a contract , probably no-where and I suppose it will now cost mega-bucks for a new line

they will probably have to dig up the road as well

I've written, in the last few months, about Coraplata being the new and improved robbers in the area. They cut off one of my properties without any notice and then wanted 15K to turn it back on. While they were at our house gate we got our atty. on the phone and handed it to the big boss. He turned white and our water was connected within an hour. When they are in our area and see us, they wave and smile but they don't bother us anymore.

Get an LAWYER.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
sounds like a good earner for lawyers as well , if all 15 have to get one lol

Hire one to represent all 15, you get your rep. for free....plus collect a commission from the lawyer, are you new to this country?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
dont know which are cut off as no one seems to be registered on here , I know the new life church has been without water for 17 days , which must be a bit of a problema I should think

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
dont know which are cut off as no one seems to be registered on here , I know the new life church has been without water for 17 days , which must be a bit of a problema I should think

Have YOU talked with the admin. at the church? You would think that they would have done something after a couple of days. Like talked to the head honcho AT the Coraplata office and then their lawyer.

How long have you been cut off and how much is in your cistern? (Need a hot shower?... Come on down.)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Not that this helps you! The water in our Playa Chiquita area is off also this AM. Maybe Coraplata turned off the main to install your new pipes?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I understand that a water outage from last night and today in the Cabarete area is being caused by a broken pipe near the Chinese restaurant. Can anyone confirm that?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I have spoken to nice head honcho man at coraaplata and he has promised that my pipes will be returned and refixed by tomorrow, so will keep everyone informed.

Apparently there are a lot of crooks in sosua he says lol, and the workers were not supposed to take away peoples pipes, he explained they are putting in wider main pipes and we should been disconnected and then reconnected( he sounded believeable lol)

Anyway I have his name and telephone number

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
nice man returned today and enquired if we now had water as its turned back on , we pointed out the lack of pipes again

Im not an expert in these matters but the lack of joined up pipes seems to be a slight problem

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
nice man returned today and enquired if we now had water as its turned back on , we pointed out the lack of pipes again

Im not an expert in these matters but the lack of joined up pipes seems to be a slight problem

Is this the same nice man that wanted 20K from each person?

Our water was still off last night but on this AM but VERY dirty. At noon we had just about none.

It does not take much riding or walking around our area to see the rivers of water from the broken pipes so don't be too mad at the guy for not being able to notice pipes gone.

We also have a little water war going on with someone turning the exposed main valve to cut off others down stream.

Just part of the fun living here.

H20SKI

Jun 2, 2011
We feel your pain! It has been 22 days since we have gotten ANY water from Corraplata - and yes, we live on La Mulata - and yes, we have contracts with Corraplat. Since the end of August, we have gotten water just 8 times - and only 4 were sufficent to bring our cistern up to full (it wasn't empty either!). We have a very small cistern which holds ~2000 gallons. Thankfully we are used to droughts where we came from and we are very good at conserving water, but it is getting very old (and unpleasant) to only shower every other day, limit our laundry to 1, maybe 2, loads a week. Forget about topping off the pool or watering our garden. If Mother Nature doesn't help with that, well, we're just SOL. We and most of our neighbors have had to buy at least one truck of water at a cost of RD1500-1800 depending on the company and the "quality" of the water.

Yes, our line is still "connected" but Corraplata always blames it on "a problemo" - a pump is out, a line is broken, the river is low, not enough rain, too much rain (can't turn valves in the lightning) - in addition to the fact that they have ILLEGALLY tapped into a private water line that was put in to service only International Village and was paid for by the developer, Freddie Milz. Apparently Corraplata wrote contracts for those who they illegally hooked up. Now that they cannot supply sufficient pressure to get water to International Village, they have been caught with their proverbial shorts down.

We have made countless trips to Corraplata - in Charamicos and Puerto Plata - pleading for water. Freddie Milz and Pablo Rivera of Century 21 Perdomo supposedly have been in contact with the head honchos in Puerto Plata and demanded the illegal taps be cut off - but it has not made a difference in our water supply.

Obviously cutting off the illegal taps may eventually help us, but it seems as though Corraplata is the culpable party here and it would be best for us all to join forces in an attempt to force a solution that will benefit us all. We'd be happy to participate. We'll also talk to our neighbors who may not frequent DR1 and will likely be able to rally a few more to join in. Please PM us and we'll be there!!

PS - We are in the process of putting a water harvesting system in place in the meantime. Frustrating to have to spend the money when we "should" be getting water via Corraplata....