Robbed Twice in one Month

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you'd have thought a consul would have some proper security here.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Welcome to "PARADISE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please bring your bullet proof vest!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Aug 21, 2007
It's a shame this happened to them. I am aware of the location of the Belgium Consul. In my estimation, it is not an ideal location for safety. It is on the beach, in the far back corner of our development....the last house at the end of the road. Next to the property is undeveloped land and a finca.

Another thing the article failed to mention. Our neighborhood security guards DID respond to at least one of the incidents reported. I heard the gun shots. I was told what became of the assailants, but I won't repeat it, as the security guard who claimed he did the shooting told me and I have not confirmed his story.

Lindsey

todobien

Jul 20, 2008
Poor guy writes a letter to the police chief asking for better security...it's the police that are doing it!!! In the last 4 months I have had 2 friends move back to the States because it's too crazy down there now...

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Consul Knows about other Cases

In my estimation, it is not an ideal location for safety. It is on the beach, in the far back corner of our development....the last house at the end of the road. Next to the property is undeveloped land and a finca.
Clearly it's the consul's fault.
He should have known that only in the middle of a gated community it is relatively safe...

Our neighborhood security guards DID respond to at least one of the incidents reported.

In this article
El c?nsul de B?lgica denuncia ha sido asaltado dos veces en un mes en zonas tur?sticas - Acento
the consul mentions another burglary at the house of an American lady, also in Perla Marina.

Furthermore he tells about more incidents in which Germans and Swiss people were the victims.

As far as I know the latter incidents were not reported in the online papers...

donP

May 12, 2005
Perhaps he needs to get one of these.............

800px-Colt1911goldcup.jpg

And or one of these also.............

belgian-malinois.jpg

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Clearly it's the consul's fault.
He should have known that only in the middle of a gated community it is relatively safe...

In this article
El c?nsul de B?lgica denuncia ha sido asaltado dos veces en un mes en zonas tur?sticas - Acento
the consul mentions another burglary at the house of an American lady, also in Perla Marina.

Furthermore he tells about more incidents in which Germans and Swiss people were the victims.

As far as I know the latter incidents were not reported in the online papers...

donP
There have been SEVERAL burglaries in Perla Marina. Spoke to an American lady last week who was a 2 time victim "Not in PM" but nearby plus
victime of an armed robbery in her house. Alone at 2:30 AM. I can't believe the police can't find the bad guys, even if it's one of their own.

Keiser777

Feb 18, 2008
here we go, the times goes, gets worse and worse, is there anybody still on this board (except those who has self interest to make $ on selling overpriced real estate) who claims that Sosua is a "paradise"? and the Police is competent and not corrupt?

Aug 21, 2007
Don't know about the gun, but I DO know there were 2 huge, mean dogs living at the Consul house. I love dogs, but was quite frightened whenever I walked the beach path past their house. Those dogs meant business!

Eddy- I am not understanding your post. Could you clarify? Did the American lady live in Perla Marina or near Perla Marina? If it happened IN Perla Marina, I am a bit baffled. Why have I not heard about this prior to now? I take daily walks within PM and talk to both the day and night security guards every day and the supervisors about 2 times a week. I always ask about incidents. Strange they did not mention it......unless it happened in Sol de Plata, a gated community within PM. They have different security than PM.

Lindsey

Dillinjah519

Oct 4, 2011
Is it possible to live in the DR without getting robbed?

I've been planning on moving down to the DR next year, and after reading all these articles on security issues, I don't know what to think. I'm a 26 year old, that is very street smart in Canada ( I realize things are very different abroad) but what are some decent area's to live in. Does it even matter if an online apartment rental says "24 hours security". Is that safe or does that mean dick all? If i choose to get a gun permit, and someone broke into my place and I shot one of them, are there any self-defense laws that protects armed robberies? Or would I be doing years in jail?

-Thanks.
- Dylan

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
I used to live in PM for about 3 years, the security is a joke, everyone can get in as long as they say they are going to the restaurant, the guards on the streets are spread way too thin... The security is good if you compare it to La Union or Charamicos, or if you're pushing real estate in PM.