Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Art store

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Art store

Is there an art store in Sosua? I make paintings and therefore often in need of paint, turpentines, and all kinds of paper/canvas etc etc.

Thanks

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

my wife and i are moving to the cabrera area. she also is going to need artist supplies, so if anyone can respond to this post,,,we would appreciate it...thanks

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Libreria Ripoll
    Tel: 809-586-5264
    Fax:
    Address: 12 de Julio No.57
    City: Puerto Plata

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess we should start one! If I recall there is a papeteria in sosua off pedro clisante that has some supplies and then an office supply store on the hiway that we bought some stuff from once. It was 3 years ago so I do not remember the names but the one on the hiway was near(beside?) a liquor store just before the the turn off to tradewinds right, and the german bakery left

5. Likes Melja liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by believer View Post
    I guess we should start one! If I recall there is a papeteria in sosua off pedro clisante that has some supplies and then an office supply store on the hiway that we bought some stuff from once. It was 3 years ago so I do not remember the names but the one on the hiway was near(beside?) a liquor store just before the the turn off to tradewinds right, and the german bakery left
    That is what I thought as well. Lets start a art supply store. I am very interested to learn how Dominicans make art and what kind of materials they are using. I am doubting in bringing my oils as I do need some different supplies which I am not allowed to take on the plane. I do need a certain type of turpentine which won't ruin my expensive brushes...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melja View Post
    That is what I thought as well. Lets start a art supply store. I am very interested to learn how Dominicans make art and what kind of materials they are using. I am doubting in bringing my oils as I do need some different supplies which I am not allowed to take on the plane. I do need a certain type of turpentine which won't ruin my expensive brushes...

I hope you don't arrive in the "land of unobtanium" here in the DR as an artist. I suspect the products you need will at least be available in Santo Domingo or Santiago if you can't find them between Cabarete and Puerto Plata. Specific brands of turpentine will probably be difficult and also very hard to import yourself.

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

i have never seen a Dominican or Haitian wash a brush used for painting either a picture or a house. They just throw them away!

matilda

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

There are numerous talented Dominican Artists that use all the different mediums to paint. Oil, water colours, pastels, and , as they call it, plastica. With a little bit of searching you should be able to find all that you are looking for- geso, brushes...etc. I've seem many Dominicans and Haitians clean paint brushes and rollers.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    i have never seen a Dominican or Haitian wash a brush used for painting either a picture or a house. They just throw them away!

matilda
    We are talking about fine art here.

11. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

13. Likes Melja liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast