English speaking psychologist needed

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I'm stumped! I'm here in the Dominican Republic for, what, 10 years now. I think I know a lot and know a lot of 'important' people who can help from time to time. I'm even the Warden for the US here in this part of the country. Then someone asks me a question I cannot answer...

...the question was. "Can you locate an English speaking psychologist here in the Dominican Republic?" from an obviously stressed young lady. I think for about 42 seconds (the max I can think given my advanced age) and realize that I have no f** clue other than to recommend she head for Miami.

Any ideas from my friendly DR1'ers? I realize we are already so screwed up that we could use our own psychologist but maybe you know someone on vacation, who retired here or is the best friend of Hannibal who is a psychologist.

Useful information is helpful but have fun with the nonsense so we all have something to read tomorrow...

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
If I am not mistaken, Simon of "Simon and Nicky" who post on DR1 is a psychologist. They are British, I believe.

UmSulaiman

Apr 19, 2011
There is an English speaking Psychologist by the name of Margarita Demoya here in Punta Cana...

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
This is from the list provided by the US Embassy

Ares, Rosa Marie Guillen, 809-378-0134 809-566-0346, Calle Sierras de Maria #9 Edif Ares Datos, english and spanish

Henry Higgins, Nicolas Family Counseling & Psychotherapy 809-227-5424 Ave. Agustín Lara #14 Entre Urena & Las Acacias,, Piantini, english and spanish

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Henry Higgins, Nicolas Family Counseling & Psychotherapy 809-227-5424 Ave. Agustín Lara #14 Entre Urena & Las Acacias,, Piantini, english and spanish
"In Herrera, Haina and Hato Mayor, hurricanes hardly ever happen"?