Slow internet speed with Claro today?

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
Is anyone else besides me having a problem with internet download speeds today? Last week I was getting 3.5 mb/s online....today only 0.40 mb/s, huge difference in speed. Is anyone else having problems or is just me?

Karlheinz

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
just got home (santo domingo - claro internet) and everything seems fine to me.
did a quick test on speedtest.net and get 0.62mbps down and 0.76mbps up.
that doesn't sound very good at all.
i'm no expert and haven't noticed anything slow though.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
turtle slow in santo domingo (but only at home- la julieta). I called and yelled at codetel and I was told, a major fiber-optic line is down. They should be able to fix it tonight.
AZB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
turtle slow in santo domingo (but only at home- la julieta). I called and yelled at codetel and I was told, a major fiber-optic line is down. They should be able to fix it tonight.
AZB
They didn't say a fiber optic line was down, but when we called they didn't have us go through their ridiculous troubleshooting protocol, they just said, yes, there have been problems since yesterday and it should be resolved Thursday.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
It was a severed cable between Banao and Villa Alta Gracia.

Looks like it's been fixed:
1584328617.png

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
NOT in Los Jardines!! Called got excuses...WTF??? Download = .17 Mbps and Upload = .47 Mbps!!!

HB

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Back to slow again. I can't even get enough speed for a test. :(

Reshma

May 20, 2011
Hey,just follow some tips to make your speed up
-->Configure your browser so it won't display graphics, animations, sound, video or other multimedia content (see "How to Turn Off Sounds, Pictures or Video on Web Pages").
-->Surf when Internet traffic is low. Heaviest traffic is usually on weekends and evenings.
-->Use your cache effectively. "Cache" refers to storage space where your recently visited Web sites are saved. You may need to resize your cache allotment, or you may need to purge your cache periodically. Look through your browser's menus for items named Cache, Temporary Internet files and so on.
-->Upgrade your modem.
-->Consult with your Internet service provider to ensure that your modem is configured correctly.
-->Replace your telephone modem with a fast-access connection such as wave, ISDN, DSL, satellite, a cable modem.
and now check your connection speed here Scanmyspeed.com
even then your connection speed didnt get speed up then you better contact your service provider..