British Lady Robbed in POP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
It has been reported that a British lady was tied up and robbed in her Puerto Plata residence (near Torre Alto).
At this time it was not clear whether the suspect of the crime was killed by police or security guards.

Source: Radio Station 99.7 MHz

donP

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Terrifying, got December to look forward to as well. How are these guys bypassing the security gates? Even if our door is open through the day the security doors are always locked, I wouldn't think a hacksaw was the most stealthlike approach to a burglary.

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
Man it was a busy night up in La Mulata last night. Gunshots way too close to home. Found one of our deck chairs positioned under a bathroom window this morning. Keep your eyes open everyone!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
donP is a man after my own heart, i am sure we read the same gruesome stories from dominican newspapers :)

now seriously, how the hell do those guys pass iron bars? our house is locked at all times, even when we are inside or we have guests. two locks in each of the entrances, two entrances guarded by dogs. of course one can kill a dog but breaking or opening locks ain't that easy. so how on earth?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Man it was a busy night up in La Mulata last night. Gunshots way too close to home. Found one of our deck chairs positioned under a bathroom window this morning. Keep your eyes open everyone!!

As I recall.... you have some pretty good stuff to defend your place with.

Ya... scarrrry but I think you know what you need to know.

BTW: E got his feet done yesterday and man OH man... can that guy move now. Mr. ZiPPY.

Bob and I can come up if you need. Hehehe.

Remember folks. This is the gift season getting ready for the Dec. gift season. Everyone looking for gifts to give... from YOUR place.

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
J and I are planning a visit soon. Glad to hear all is well. I wish I had a friend like Bob!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
locks and bars are easy -ive cut through both with hand saw in seconds, sorry everyone, but was a wood saw, not even a metal saw

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
now seriously, how the hell do those guys pass iron bars? our house is locked at all times, even when we are inside or we have guests. two locks in each of the entrances, two entrances guarded by dogs. of course one can kill a dog but breaking or opening locks ain't that easy. so how on earth?

My husband's brother owns a condo on the 2nd floor of a beautiful building in El Million [SD]- they cut through the bars, slipped inside and robbed them while they were all sleeping [him, his wife, three adult children]. Took things off the night table inches from his head. No one woke up, probably for the best.

He had the bars reinforced and additional horizontal bars.

AE

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I used to buy the expensive locks for the gate and such, until one time I lost the key to it. I called our handyman, and he had the lock open in about 10 secs... one good blow with a hammer was all it took.

But please read the newspapers of your hometowns, in whatever country that is or was, and see how many burglaries there were there last night. Or how many murders, etc...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You are obviously NOT a farmer!
OR,know anything about electricity!
Easiest,and quietest,way to open the "bars",is with a car jack!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and there i was thinking the bars are secure...
ours are placed close together, vertical and horizontal with several points of connecting with the wall. not the easiest to pass but i imagine that "when there's a will there's a way".

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
and there i was thinking the bars are secure...
ours are placed close together, vertical and horizontal with several points of connecting with the wall. not the easiest to pass but i imagine that "when there's a will there's a way".
Acid. Quiet, easy to carry, makes no noise. My favorite. ;)

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Dogs

Great point windeguy made: bars give you 60 seconds or so to prepare.

Dogs are the best first line of defense.

The last line of defense is how well armed you are.

As CCCcccccccccccccccc pointed out Mossberg works. Given the cost of owning firearms here I have pepper spray, a pick axe handle, knives and three dogs. :dead:

...or you could go the PC way wag your tail, make nice and hope they don't kill you, which is what you have to do if they get in without your being aware of it.

You can't get to heaven if you don't die

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
It has been reported that a British lady was tied up and robbed in her Puerto Plata residence (near Torre Alto).
At this time it was not clear whether the suspect of the crime was killed by police or security guards.

Source: Radio Station 99.7 MHz

donP

Bad new are the only thing that interest you about DR?
Did you already read the news from you homecountry? Can you tell us please, how many people were killed yesterday night?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Home = DR

Bad new are the only thing that interest you about DR?
1. No, what makes you think that?
2. BTW, the above news is not so bad. Mind you, they killed the bad guy... (well, I hope it was the real culprit).

Did you already read the news from you homecountry? Can you tell us please, how many people were killed yesterday night?
Irrelevant, this is a forum about the DR... ;)

donP