Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone Bought any Ceiling Fans Lately?

Any suggestions on brand, pricing and where to get ceiling fans on the North Coast? Thanks!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer KDK fans. They are not the fancy type, but they move air and tend to last. Any hardware store should carry them. You can get them without a light or add a kit for the light.

3. Likes anng3, Criss Colon liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Listen to windeguy. We bought a fancy-ish fan in Ferreteria Americiana, I think it's a Westinghouse, it looks very pretty, but we don't feel the fan. What a colossal waste of money.

AE

5. Likes anng3 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Listen to windeguy. We bought a fancy-ish fan in Ferreteria Americiana, I think it's a Westinghouse, it looks very pretty, but we don't feel the fan. What a colossal waste of money.

AE
    Indeed. My house came with two similar fans, Hunter was the brand I believe. They are gone and replaced with the superior, for my purposes, KDK fans.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I will look for a KDK fan. Do I have to price shop or will most places have the same prices?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Theres a white KDK fan that looks nice and does the job. You can get it at Jumbo's in SD at a good price.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anng3 View Post
    Thanks, I will look for a KDK fan. Do I have to price shop or will most places have the same prices?
    I would not drive a great distance because the price differences won't be worth the gasoline, but I would check the different hardwares stores in the same immediate area where you live.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

KDK's best price in POP's Distribuidora González. We shopped around the North Coast and they had the best price. They also have the best selection of other brands too but KDK was recommendations of many. Ask for Laura & she will give you a DR1 discount if paid with cash.

Beller
    (809) 586-6945

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to move air KDK is the best. We cant get used to the heat here and these really help.
    A local may tell you different since they tend to worry more about looks than functionality.
    We bought them at Hache. Not sure if there is one in Pto Plata.

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

this is an interesting topic. i looked at ceiling fans while in santiago on my last trip. i compare them to the ones you get here in ny at the home depot, kohls etc and wowwwwwwwwww what a price difference. i can find real good ones for like 150 usd here and over there ceiling fans go for 12,000 to 18,000 - insane! i rather send from here when i send all my appliances.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast