Out and about defense ideas.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
So, what do you guys consider good defense over the xmas period, if you were to be conidering something a little extra for the Mrs, or yourself;
I quite fancy one of these myself but I'm not sure how effective they are Mace Pepper Defense Spray Gun Self Protection w/Bonus | eBay

And not quite sure what these things are supposed to do James Keating Yellow STINGER Self Defense Key Fob Protection | eBay

If someone confident enough to rob people on the street get close enough to use one of these I can be pretty sure I will lose the confrontation so don't see the point High quality camping self protection bayonet knife | eBay

But after much contemplation I think this baby has to be the tool of choice Hot Shot Self Protection Stungun Personal Security | eBay

So what you getting for xmas?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
So, what do you guys consider good defense over the xmas period, if you were to be conidering something a little extra for the Mrs, or yourself;
I quite fancy one of these myself but I'm not sure how effective they are Mace Pepper Defense Spray Gun Self Protection w/Bonus | eBay

And not quite sure what these things are supposed to do James Keating Yellow STINGER Self Defense Key Fob Protection | eBay

If someone confident enough to rob people on the street get close enough to use one of these I can be pretty sure I will lose the confrontation so don't see the point High quality camping self protection bayonet knife | eBay

But after much contemplation I think this baby has to be the tool of choice Hot Shot Self Protection Stungun Personal Security | eBay

So what you getting for xmas?

Perhaps a new thread for this?

I have "Bob", my little Legal 9mm buddy. We are seldom apart. Wife has pepper spray and a very loud whistle. Hunting knives and clubs around the house. Not the mention all the other layers of security. I know someone that has crossbows. Others have spear guns or boat emergency flare guns.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I like the crossbows. Can you get those legally here?

The idea of a new thread is nice, but should include what is legal here (with or without permit)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I like the crossbows. Can you get those legally here?

The idea of a new thread is nice, but should include what is legal here (with or without permit)

I don't see why not. I imported a compound bow without an issue, so if you can't find a crossbow locally, I cannot see why there would be a problem importing one.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
From another thread, "Two held up (?) on La Mulata Road".

Suggestions from Givadogahome, Belgiank, Windeguy and myself already there but we felt a new thread should be started. So here we go.

PERSONAL protection that you use while out and about. Are they legal or not? Where can you get them?

I hope to get lots of ideas and hope some are real.

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
The crossbow pistol is cute, but you should try the 150 lb rifle. Now that's a crossbow ;-) Grizzly bear spray is nice, shoots up to 30 feet. Baseball bats, axes and hand held tasers work well too.

Sorry, I guess I missed the part about being out and about. On foot, mace and taser. In a vehicle, hammer and baseball bat in addition to mace and taser.

Last edited:

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
The crossbow pistol is cute, but you should try the 150 lb rifle. Now that's a crossbow ;-) Grizzly bear spray is nice, shoots up to 30 feet. Baseball bats, axes and hand held tasers work well too.

Nice to hear from you Corey. Any problems importing the crossbow, spray or tasers or did you get here. Oh.. BTW, how do you hide and carry a crossbow, baseball bat and axe while out and about.

Thinking of my gardening tool list:
garden gloves... check.
garden spade... check.
pruning shears.... check.
sunhat... check.
shotgun... check.

Last edited:

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Nice to hear from you Corey. Any problems importing the crossbow, spray or tasers or did you get here. Oh.. BTW, how do you hide and carry a crossbow, baseball bat and axe while out and about.

garden gloves... check.
garden spade... check.
sunhat... check.
shotgun... check.

~Now we just have to invent a New Tool Belt to carry all of your pertenant equipment~

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Is 2 million volts alot in terms of stun gun savagery, I see some are only 35,000 Volts, nice hand grenade manly ones, now 2 million Volts for the women in pink with a little light attached as well, something tells me the odds are stacked uneven here. Any ideas what Voltage is needed to drop a guy without killing him?
Nice stocking fillers for Xmas morning.

I am quite shocked at some of the stuff you can buy over the net in the US, quite crazy $hit as it goes, great stuff, who needs a gun license, although I admit a 70cm cross bow down your pants probably is a little more conspicuous than 9mm revolver.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
How about a 1,000,000v shock baton, or 6,200,000v stun gun?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
How about a 1,000,000v shock baton, or 6,200,000v stun gun?

Geee cb. Where can I buy one in the D.R.? Can I buy one and have it shipped in and from whom? Legal? Does it fit in my pocket?

How about some real details that work here in the D.R.? If this is real then give the facts.

Tanks.

Jared Wilson

Apr 12, 2011
(MasterLock)padlock tied to a handkerchief(bandana) or brass knuckles:dead:
wheres the dude who tasered himself?

Last edited:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Geee cb. Where can I buy one in the D.R.? Can I buy one and have it shipped in and from whom? Legal? Does it fit in my pocket?

How about some real details that work here in the D.R.? If this is real then give the facts.

Tanks.
Google "stun batons guns"....they are sold everywhere. I'd assume they'd be easy to bring in.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Google "stun batons guns"....they are sold everywhere. I'd assume they'd be easy to bring in.

Thanks cb. but doing Google and making up a "wish list" does not fill the "REAL" that we are looking for. I'd like a tank, battleship and a few other things too.

Try to keep it "real" with some experience please and "done that and this is how it is done".

Thanks.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I like the idea of a padlock maybe in a sock - easy to carry, delivers a blow. When I walk I have a whistle around my neck - hoping the sound will deter someone, bring possibly help to me, and if all else fails, I can say 'play ball' and see if anyone has a sense of humor!

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010

garden gloves... check.
garden spade... check.
sunhat... check.
shotgun... check.

That's why I added the part about being out and about. I like your gardening list, but don't forget your sunscreen for added protection ;-0

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
Oh yeah, no problem importing any of the items on my list. Got most of them through the mail. They get held up a bit but they get through.