Landline phone / wired Internet in Bavaro - TRICOM

Feb 20, 2011
Wondering if anyone has wired internet / landline with Tricom and quality / reliablity.
I am hoping that it would be an inprovement from my present cell phone / orange dongle set-up.
I know that tricom offers various internet speeds and am thinking that 2mb might be good enough to upload files, etc.
Thanks for any input.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Tricom is only wireless. I use 2 of them, mostly without problem. Orange offers a similar solution called "flybox" but with monthly cap in two versions: 10 GB and 25 GB.

If you want landline there is only Codetel available.

Feb 20, 2011
Tricom is only wireless. I use 2 of them, mostly without problem. Orange offers a similar solution called "flybox" but with monthly cap in two versions: 10 GB and 25 GB.

If you want landline there is only Codetel available.

With Codetel I can got a phone landline but how about wired internet in Bavaro?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Codetel is the only option here for wired Internet and landline, all others are wireless.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you have Internet with Claro with a landline it comes with wireless also. Just make sure you put a code in so no one else can use it.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
So, with Codetel/Claro internet comes through the phone line and includes a wireless router?

Yes that is correct.

You can also get a plan that includes cable TV. For about 3,000 rd per month, all tax included you get TV, internet, and landline phone. Take the 1.5 megs plan and you should download at about 2.4 and uload at about 1 meg. Where are you in Bavaro?

Feb 20, 2011
Yes that is correct.

You can also get a plan that includes cable TV. For about 3,000 rd per month, all tax included you get TV, internet, and landline phone. Take the 1.5 megs plan and you should download at about 2.4 and uload at about 1 meg. Where are you in Bavaro?[/QUOTE

Thanks Sky, that's probably what I'll do; I am in Cortecito and have prepaid TV with Siver Cable until April of next year, so for now I will go with Codetel's phone / internet.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have a friend that lives in that area and he has it, but not all residences there are wired for it. You would have to check with the Claro office in Veron.