getting marriage

Gempull

Jan 19, 2011
trying to compare whether to get married in D.R. and then bring my wife to America/ or just bring my girl over on a marriage visa and get married in the states. Trying to compare which one of the two are easier and also which one of the two are cheaper? Any help thanks!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Get married in the DR!
It is cheaper here.
It will make your divorce easier,and cheaper as well!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jared Wilson

Apr 12, 2011
if she can already come to the usa on her own, you can get married for about $100 when she gets here. If you need the fiance visa to bring her here your looking at about $2000(without a lawyer) and over a year wait for her to come. One way or another you'll eventually have to go through immigration if you want her to stay legally. I got married to my wife in the states while she was here on a visa, now we are in the immigration process for her to get her papers for permanent residency. The big money starts when you start filing papers.($2000ish) The getting married part is easy and can be done here or there. The big question is if she can come to the usa legally already.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
This might sound silly but I've never had to go through this thankfully. But is it not possible for her to get a visitor visa and then just get married when in the country and sort the rest out in their own time. I heard of a guy doing something like this as a cheap way into the UK some years ago, but they had a child and solid history behind them also, not sure if that would make issues better or what.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
I agree with CC on this one. Get married. File for a visa and see if her attitude changes while she has to wait. If she does not speak english make her take classes. While you 2 wait for the visa if the sh!t hits the fan you can bail out much easier than if she is in the states.

Jan 17, 2009
I have a friend who researched this issue for a long time and very thoroughly. She concluded that it was faster to get her fiance a fiance visa and get married in the US. If she were to get married in the DR, then she had to apply for a green card for her husband here, but with her living in the US and her husband living in the DR, the process was much more complicated and longer. Sorry but she never said which one was cheaper.