Subways Sandwiches in Sosusa !

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
If you like the real "Subways Sandwiches" the Italian Sub at Britannia is as close as it gets.

Had one today and wow !

That's without the cheese of course !

Last edited:

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
So at U.S. prices that is RD190. Not a big fan of Subway but love the wings at Britania.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
italian sub, mortadella, genoa salami, capa cola ham, provalone cheese, pikles,onions, tomatos, it wouldn't be cost effective to make them here. I've made them at home very expensive.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
italian sub, mortadella, genoa salami, capa cola ham, provalone cheese, pikles,onions, tomatos, it wouldn't be cost effective to make them here. I've made them at home very expensive.

there are very few foods that are cost effective to produce here. the margins are just too low. you can buy some Dominican cookie called a bon bon for 5 pesos. sugar and flour. if you decide to upgrade, and make something like a chocolate chip version, they are not going to pay more than 5 pesos, simply because the ingredients cost more. its the size that matters. i have long since come to the conclusion that, with very few exceptions, quality food offerings are a waste of economic effort here.