Sky scam

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Here we go again!

After 18months of SKY I terminated the contract; made the last payment as requested and was promised that the equipment would be picked-up within 2 weeks.
Of course nobody showed up within 2 weeks so I called; "No problem we will come within the next 2 weeks!"
And yes.......nobody came...so I didn't call (what's the use).
Still they didn't come to pick it up but....exactly: now they are calling me and ask where the payment of the last 3 months is......

Here we go again; fighting against corruption, theft, morons, idiots and bigger idiots...

Thank you SKY; great service!!! :mad::mad::mad:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I had a similar problem with them a few years ago. They got the middle of a bagel from me. Don't pay one peso...............

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
They tried the same scam on me .
Got Nada , in all languages, and I Still have their dish on the roof.
Not that I want it

AS I understand they don't pay their agents for services rendered either

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
They tried the same scam on me .
Got Nada , in all languages, and I Still have their dish on the roof.
Not that I want it

AS I understand they don't pay their agents for services rendered either
Better known as the Dominican way to increase profits!

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Spoke with 3 persons and they came up with 4 excuses.....so I have escalated the whole thing and it is now on it's way to Indotel. Let's see what comes from it.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I guess I am the lucky one in Sosua.

I have had Sky for 5 years without incident.

The NFL Sunday ticket is great !

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
I guess I am the lucky one in Sosua.

I have had Sky for 5 years without incident.

The NFL Sunday ticket is great !

Um...Mike...did you not understand the point of this thread? The posters were not talking about the service. They were discussing their attempts to CANCEL it. Different deal. And it doesn't sound like you have tried this yet.

So what is going on at Oshay's tonight? I heard a rumor they were expecting a shipment of genuine Lays potato chips. $8 a bag. Junior size. Dip is extra.

By the way, are you from Iowa?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Um...Mike...did you not understand the point of this thread? The posters were not talking about the service. They were discussing their attempts to CANCEL it. Different deal. And it doesn't sound like you have tried this yet.

So what is going on at Oshay's tonight? I heard a rumor they were expecting a shipment of genuine Lays potato chips. $8 a bag. Junior size. Dip is extra.

By the way, are you from Iowa?

Yes My bad for not reading the cancel part of the post.

This happened to me with Cocotel and they wanted $1000.00 U.S....just don't pay and they go away.

But at the end of the day if someone brings you a dish and installs it and you sign a contract for 2 years then it's almost like a free cell phone with a 2 year contract so what's the difference?

No new reports from Osahys until the weekend and I am not from Iowa but in the spirit of the joke i will say.

Spuds Spinaggin signing off!

Cocotel tried to squize me for alot of money aswell for several years ago, i didnt pay these payasos- and they did go away like a childish nightmare. Maybe things have changed these days?!
Could be SKY operate more profesional (to get "their" money from you that is)

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
It is all about canceling the contract, SKY doesn't like that and the move in any direction(illegal) to keep you.
If I just don't pay and ignore all of this I will definitely have a huge conflict and bill in the future so I have to act.
They send me an email with the confirmation of the end of the contract and this email went to Indotel yesterday.
In 1 week I will probably know more.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is all about canceling the contract, SKY doesn't like that and the move in any direction(illegal) to keep you.
If I just don't pay and ignore all of this I will definitely have a huge conflict and bill in the future so I have to act.
They send me an email with the confirmation of the end of the contract and this email went to Indotel yesterday.
In 1 week I will probably know more.

You start paying and you will never stop. You will get billed for things that do not even exist.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Cocotel tried to squize me for alot of money aswell for several years ago, i didnt pay these payasos- and they did go away like a childish nightmare. Maybe things have changed these days?!
Could be SKY operate more profesional (to get "their" money from you that is)

There is nothing they can do if you don't pay other than call you all the time. Just change your contact number and you will never hear from them again.

Ask yourself this question, What would a Dominican do if they were presented with the same BS from Sky? Would he pay? I think anyone living here would know that answer.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
SKY stinks,
!) So called Sky Dominicana has more Mexican programmes and USA programmes than anything else.
2) most of their advertising is directed elsewhere than th RD, Not availqble in the RD they say.
3) prices shown are in Pesos but they don't tell you pesos from where
4) they advertise a price per month subscription per month but persistently debit more from our account!
5) personal grudge: they show NO RUGBY FOOTBALL
Being of British origin I have experience of SKY UK which is good, I don't know how Rupert Murdoch can sleep undisturbed with the antics of Sky Dominicana.
As soon as my contract time is up I'll switch to Claro, any comments about them?
Thank you.
Granca.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have Claro. I also had Sky. I still have Claro and got rid of Sky a long time ago. Only thing I liked about Sky was that you could get the Sunday NFL Ticket there. For a large fee of course.

Claro has some options as to the package. Go in and get a brochure so you can see for yourself if you will like it. The picture is very good. But it runs on the Internet, so if you have a problem with the Internet the TV is down. But my experience is good with Claro.

Just to add, I have a tech guy that I call on my cell if I do have problems and he is at my house in an hour or so. This makes it work a lot better. A bottle of rum does wonders here. LOL