I need so love advice: Not for me, but for Missy

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Yes, Missy, who is Toby's sister. I think she might be gay!! She has been presented with two suiters while in heat and she has d@mned killed them both. They were GDs of good families and impeccable manners, but she has yet to be covered.

Any suggestions from those good folks who know something about dogs????

HB

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Yes, Missy, who is Toby's sister. I think she might be gay!! She has been presented with two suiters while in heat and she has d@mned killed them both. They were GDs of good families and impeccable manners, but she has yet to be covered.

HB
She's a typical Dominican b*tch, how many pesos did you offer her?;) Maybe a diamond studded collar is in order.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Are you sure it was an exactly the right time?? I am no expert but it has to be just the right time and it is no good just expecting her to have a quick shag. That dog has class and will expect to be wooed. No way would she dream of sex on the first date, and will also expect at least a kiss first.

Matilda

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
take her to their place instead. she is more concerned with guarding her homestead than "taking care of business".

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I am sure you have very good reasons but why do you want to breed from her? Why more puppies into a country that is so overrun with dogs desperate for homes? Abandoned and unwanted dogs here come in all breeds, shapes and sizes!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My wife is a lesbian,she insists that I get in "Drag" before I mount her!
Maybe the males are "Gay" and she knows it!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
1. Is it the right time? Count 10 day's from the start and when blood is very clear red, scratch her back and if she moves her tail to the side, she is ready.

2. Alway's take the female to the male as its unfamiliar terrain for her so she is a bit more 'willing'.

3. Last but not at all the least and my principle : if a female does not want, then don't force. Sometimes mother nature knows exactly better.

Acira

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
My Border Collie is lesbian. She will not let a male dog near her, when she is in heat. Not even to sniff.

She will snarl and bite them, and they are not love bites... lol

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I am sure you have very good reasons but why do you want to breed from her? Why more puppies into a country that is so overrun with dogs desperate for homes? Abandoned and unwanted dogs here come in all breeds, shapes and sizes!
Because she is a beautiful dog whose puppies will be coveted!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for the good advice. I will certainly apply that 10 day and proper "observation" as well as taking her to the male.

As for the why, there are lots of people that like these animals and will take good care of them. I do not plan to have more than one litter. These are special pups, with some interesting back stories...and these dogs are protective...as Matilda would know.

I like the idea of wooing....makes sense. Don't know about the diamond studded collar but it is not a bad idea...

Thanks, all,

PAPA HB

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Thanks for the good advice. I will certainly apply that 10 day and proper "observation" as well as taking her to the male.

As for the why, there are lots of people that like these animals and will take good care of them. I do not plan to have more than one litter. These are special pups, with some interesting back stories...and these dogs are protective...as Matilda would know.

I like the idea of wooing....makes sense. Don't know about the diamond studded collar but it is not a bad idea...

Thanks, all,

PAPA HB

I have one laying here, not real diamonds of course but very shiny broad collar and would a dog see the difference? ;)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I have a GREAT Paso Fino stallion that is looking for a GREAT Paso mate. He is know in our area and we tried to get him registered but alas... the stable where we bought him are ????. Sereno is one of the classic and smoothist ride that you have ever been on. It would be a shame not to have him not meet up.

IF you have a Paso Fino mare wanting be breed. Please let me know.

Sorry to butt in HB.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Toby and Missy (and Alida) at 5 weeks (Alida was older than 5 weeks), the day they were picked up from Matilda's and the day before Hillbilly came to get Missy...

Pups.jpg

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

Sorry if my comment came over a big strong. They are indeed beautiful and serve a great purpose whilst giving loads of affection and loyalty too. I just worry too much sometimes :)

May 5, 2007

Thanks, all,

PAPA HB

Cabana and nice bottle of wine :)

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
There is another possibility as well,

If a female dog senses something wrong with the suitor, physically or mentally, she often refuses him...

Call it survival of the fittest, or whatever, but it is a proven fact.

I have no experience whether this works the other way around as well.

Thank god for a lot of visitors and expats here, this does not apply to humans... whoehaaaa

HB

You may need to start a sticky on how to date a Dominican dog.