Looking for a flat to rent in Bavaro/ La Romana/ SE

Agata & Ula

Nov 13, 2011
www.piratyzkaraib.blogspot.com
Hi!

We are two girls coming to DR to live here for few months (up to 8) as we do every year for 'winter time' (european).

We have some appt to rent, its in Bavaro, 90m2, 2bedrooms, living room etc 1st floor for 550$.
Heres my question: if somebody has a place to rent, dont need to be so big, but the 2 separate rooms would be nice, let us know please.

Plus- why on dr the electricity is never included in the rent? is it really so expensive as its said? (~200us$/month)?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Generally you'll find electricity is included in short term / weekly / vacation rentals, but not included in longer / monthy rentals. Yes, electricity is expensive, so not including it in the rent is a way a property owner can control costs and keep the rent reasonable.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Electricity will depend on your usage. My bill average between US$150-225 but could probably be less if I didn't use the a/c as much. For 2 people living in an apartment with a/c, US$200 a month is a good estimate. Is there a specific area you want to live in? In the Bavaro Punta Cana Residential area, apartments run for about US$300 (unfurnished) and up. I pay US$350 for an unfurnished 2 bedroom, 2 bath, not huge but good size and a pool that is shared with 15 other apartments.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
cześć,
i cannot chime in when it comes to apartment but yes, electricity is rather expensive. we pay more than 2000 pesos a month and there is no AC. normally the bills for long term rentals are not included so you'd have to pay your own. mind you, internet and telephone will run for about 2000 pesos a month as well.