Animal foster homes DR.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Foster parents for pets awaiting permanent new homes come from all backgrounds, lifestyles, situations and each have their own reasons for decided to foster than adopt. Some foster as they can not commit to a lifetime in the country, yet have always had animal companionship and so fostering with the knowledge they are doing something great, and temporary is an ideal situation. Some are from the working with animals backgrounds and know how important foster homes are in the rehoming process and simply do it as it comes naturally, is part of their life. Some even want to foster an animal into the house before committing to a lifetime with an animal in the knowledge that if an animal does not really fit into the family setting, or it just is not what they expected, then the animal is rehomed ultimately, there is never a need for any guilt.
For whatever reasons people have there are still not enough foster homes out there and if you would ever consider fostering then follow through with the consideration into making inquiries, it is as rewarding responsibility as you can ever imagine, doing something utterly selfless is as good a feeling as you can have when you see the final outcome of your efforts and time.
And so this comes to mind right now as I'm thinking of the difficulties involved in finding new homes for rescue dogs, we have 6 'staffy/terrier sized' puppies that will be needing rehomed in a couple of weeks when they hit 6-7 weeks of age, what will the future bring for these guys:D

Last edited:

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Our biggest disappointment in the DR is the fact that very few people are actively involved with their pets.

We get a call from somebody for obedience and/or security training for their dog. We make an appointment and they send their guard, gardener, maid, whoever. Most of them are terrified of the dog anyway. We start the training, and then the owners fire that person, and send somebody else.

People here want a security dog, and buy or get a dog blindly, They never look at him/her, and when he/she is an adult they want her to protect them and the property.

It does not work that way!!!

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I am trying to organize some kind of training facility here on the NC, and am wondering if people would be interested. It would involve obedience, security and dogfrisbee. Anybody interested can pm me. We will not accept guards, maids, nanny's, gardeners, cooks, and whoever I forgot... lol

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Foster parents for pets awaiting permanent new homes come from all backgrounds, lifestyles, situations and each have their own reasons for decided to foster than adopt. Some foster as they can not commit to a lifetime in the country, yet have always had animal companionship and so fostering with the knowledge they are doing something great, and temporary is an ideal situation. Some are from the working with animals backgrounds and know how important foster homes are in the rehoming process and simply do it as it comes naturally, is part of their life. Some even want to foster an animal into the house before committing to a lifetime with an animal in the knowledge that if an animal does not really fit into the family setting, or it just is not what they expected, then the animal is rehomed ultimately, there is never a need for any guilt.
For whatever reasons people have there are still not enough foster homes out there and if you would ever consider fostering then follow through with the consideration into making inquiries, it is as rewarding responsibility as you can ever imagine, doing something utterly selfless is as good a feeling as you can have when you see the final outcome of your efforts and time.
And so this comes to mind right now as I'm thinking of the difficulties involved in finding new homes for rescue dogs, we have 6 'staffy/terrier sized' puppies that will be needing rehomed in a couple of weeks when they hit 6-7 weeks of age, what will the future bring for these guys:D

That will be for a big part you greatest concern and responsibility, finding good homes for those pups. Talking with the potential new owners, find out what they search in a new pup, their family situation etc etc...
Dare to say no if you are not feeling the click and be honest and do not be shy to say why not. They are your pups and you decide. I did it in the past and did it just recently with a guy who stopped when we were at the beach with the pups and just demanded, give me one....yeah forget it man!

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Yeh, the Chihuahua has taken many months of figuring the proposed adoptive homes out and trying to get to the best for the dogs future. And boy am I glad I knocked a few back, and for whatever reason others seemed to fizzle out of interest when I didn't just hand the dog over and be done with it, or I changed my mind from certain reactions and signs I picked up on prospective owners. I have eventually found KateP from this website who seems lovely, normal (it is amazing how many freaks are about when you look into someones personal lifestyles, lol) stable, so waiting for the right candidate is worth the while. Emotional but worth it.