Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default anyone have recent well pump experience

need a submersable pump the water is 30 meters down a hole and is to be pumped to a large underground tank up a slight incline (not direct to the house)- any ideas about the size of pump needed, makes, cost etc would be interesting to know

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

~This one will work wonders, however you still need an installer...this one runs about $520.00US...Meyers Submersible Well Pump 20 GPM 1.5 HP 230V with Control Box....make sure the tank can handle the pressure as well as the lines....I have seen people get higher HP pumps that the older pipes cannot handle and they blow all the pipes in the house....I know your going to a tank, but better to be safe then sorry....

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont need a control box I dont think, just a switch as i will just be pumping every few days I think

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

~Is your holding tank pressurized? or will you just be filling it on demand as need and not pressure regulated??

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

no not pressure regulated, there is already another pump to pump water to the house

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr AE says the brand he recommends is Gould. Call Casa Torpedo in SD (I reminded him youre in Sosua and he said call them)

AE

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

JR, is there some special reason that you specifically need a submersible type of pump? As you probably know, they are more expensive than regular water pumps plus you have to make sure that you access tube has no obstructions, etc. I would imagine that a Red Jacket type of pump with a check valve on the intake tube would work fine. You may have to investigate at Ochoa for example, as to what horsepower they would recommend given the distances and tube sizes.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

i was told my hole was too deep for a surface one

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

That may very well be, but I have seen irrigation type of systems pumping from a well with a surface pump, of course I don't know from what depth. I just checked quickly on amazon.com and they listed a 1/2 hp model that says it will pump from 90 feet (Amazon.com: Wayne Deep Well Jet Pump - 310 GPH, 1/2 HP, 1 1/4in., Model# JCU50: Home Improvement), so maybe a larger one would work in your application? Usually the guys at the plumbing dept of Ochoa are pretty knowledgeable, maybe worth asking. I will ask around tomorrow at work to see if anybody has any ideas about this as well.

10. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

No surface pump exsists that that can pull water from below 33 feet it is an impossibility. (general depth limit is considered to be between 25 -29 feet but other facters may weigh in such as atmospheric pressure at the site amoungst others, temprature, specific water density etc..)

Now to push water up, you can to the moon with enough HP's!

To figure out what size submersible pump you will need you need to supply the following information:

1. Well Depth From the Surface?
    2. Well Casing Diameter?
    3. Amount of Water you want to pump per minute/hour or day?
    4. Actuall Well effeciency, is a combination of casing diameter, casing depth and column replenishment.
    5. Distance vertically between the well head to the tank you want to fill and if it a considerable distance that would need to be know.
    6. If you are going to use piping that is all ready installed, its size and type needs to be known as well, other wise pipe size will be dictated by all the answers to the previous questions.

g'luck
    Last edited by donluis99; 11-15-2011 at 08:58 PM.

12. Likes wuarhat liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast