Samsonite Luggage

cracker

Nov 15, 2011
Hi all, i live in Sosua and i need to purchase some good samsonite luggage. any ideas where i can find a retailer here in the DR?

cheers.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Antony's in Plaza Central has plenty of it. You will find it in 5-6 stores in the capital.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
robert, any other store in plaza central? if not, what are the names of the others and their locations? thx

La Sirena Multi Centro on Churchill has Samsonite, also go to any of the main malls, Blue Mall, Plaza Central, Acropolis etc, you will find stores with it, just walk around.

It's not uncommon...

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
If you're going to use it for air travel, why buy good luggage??? The handlers are just going to royally screw it up anyway, no matter HOW well it's made. Remember the old TV commercials for Samsonite, with the gorilla in a cage playing with a suitcase, beating it to death??? Well today's handlers make that gorilla look like he's treating that case like eggs. LOL

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
in Belgium the commercial was an elephant standing on a samsonite and not even making a dent in it. Since then I have always wondered how much those Vietnamese handlers in Hanoi weighted??????

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Samsonite" is not the high end,hard bodied,suitcase of "yor"!
Mostly chinese soft sides.
The ones on sale at JUMBO are all softsided.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC