What to do in/near POP

AlainA

Nov 15, 2011
Hi Everyone,

I will be visiting POP with gf between Dec 10 and 27, we will be statying in Luperon which is about an hour away from POP. can you guys recommed some interesting things to do around the pop area. I heard there might be a place/zoo to see allegators and wild life, do you any of you know of such a place.

Also i am consdering renting a car from AVIS or budget; what do you guys think? is it better to stick with public transport than deal with the rental company for possible damage to the rental car. if i rent should i be worried about the car being stolen if parked in pop or santiago city?

thank in advance,

Alain

canadandy

Apr 17, 2008
I highly recommend punta rucia, paradise island, playa ensenada. all are little bit west of luperon.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Ocean world near POP, you must eat fresh fish at Maimon on the way to POP from Luperon, La Isabella to see the ruins, not really that far from Dajabon for the Haitian market.

Rent a car, it will be fine.

Matilda

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Ocean World in Cofresi (just west of Puerto Plata toward Luperon) has dolphins, sea lions, tigers, sharks, sting-rays, macaws, toucans, pirahnas, iguanas, and tropical sharks.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
you must visit the zoo's in sosua. they have a wide variety of animals to see. classico's, latino bar, le passsions, etc :laugh:

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
The rental car question has been discussed before, but since you asked....No, stick to public transportation. It is plentiful and economical. Unless you have visited the DR many times and are familar with driving there, it's not a good idea. You can have a great vacation go very bad very quickly.