Dentist (Dentures) in Puerto Plata

kevin1234

Jan 1, 2011
blogging.cwl.cc
Hello All,

I have been to the DR a number of times and will be back in Puerto Plata for a week in the next couple of months. I am currently shopping around for a Dentist or Denture Clinic that can make a provisional partial denture for my 22 tooth (front side). I was hoping someone might know if a place I could go that is reasonably priced and might be able to do this in under a week? Hopefully they can also speak enough english.. my Spanish sucks..

Here in Canada, without insurance, this kind of work is seriously expensive.

Thanks for the help!
Kevin

PS, I wonder if there are reputable businesses in Puerto Plata that rent motorcycles?

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
go see Dra Monica Garcia in Sosua, across from Playero, and she will fit you with permanent implants at a very good price.... 809-873-4227.....

Kelu

Aug 21, 2011
It will be difficult to find someone to do dentures in under a week. Puerto Plata is not the most advanced city of DR. If you had enough time, I'd send you to Dr. Lepe (you can run a search on dr1 and his contact will come up, I don't have it right now). He just finished dentures on my mother and I (the one that paid) am very happy. He offered two weeks but I had asked to go slower, which he did. I liked the fact he did NOT suggest to go with a more expensive treatment, just what we asked for-basic dentures. Why don't you consider staying longer.....he is worth it.

kevin1234

Jan 1, 2011
blogging.cwl.cc
Thanks @hammerdown and and @Kelu for the great feedback on this!

More specifically @Kelu, I found Dr Lepe's number which is great.. I wonder if he might have an email address or an electronic means of communicating so I could speak with him before going? I wonder what geral area he's in.. I'll probably be staying in or near Playa Dorada..

I may extend my trip if it works out.... :)

Thanks Again,
Kevin

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Dr. Lepe's office is toward the center of the city of Puerto Plata. His office is too far to walk from the Playa Dorada. If you are staying there, you'd be looking at fairly expensive taxi rides, unless you took a guagua or met a local taxi at the front gates.

If you are staying near the Playa Dorada, a taxi will be less than 200 pesos (less than six dollars) to his office.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Dr. Lepe's office is about 3 blocks from Central Park in Puerto Plata. Take a guagua or public taxi from Playa Dorada to Central Park. Walk up Calle Antera Mota about 2 blocks to Calle Villa Nueva. Turn left and he is one block down on the left.

Kelu

Aug 21, 2011
Kevin,

Saw you found the contact info, that is great. Email is not the best way to contact him, best to call him (after 3 pm). I use Skype to dial from the States-very cheap.

A taxi will be the best way to get to the dentist of your choice in PP. You may want to try working out a deal with one of the taxis at the hotel and see if that makes sense financially. I know last summer they were willing to negotiate big time.

kevin1234

Jan 1, 2011
blogging.cwl.cc
@Kelu,

I appreciate the help! I actually emailed him and he responded the next day. He says he can do this in a week so I'm going to see if I can make things work.

Kevin

kevin1234

Jan 1, 2011
blogging.cwl.cc
Hello All,

I'm happy to say that I found Dr. Lepe and he took the time to understand what I needed. I appreciate the fact that he asked "why" I wanted the dentures, mainly because there were other options.

He did what he said he would do in our email and the price was as quoted.

Great service and a helpful dentist. Recommended.

Thanks,
Kevin