Indian Food at Jaragua Hotel

donP

Dec 14, 2008
This morning I overheard on the radio (FM 91.1 MHz, Teo Veras Show) that next week there will be a special Indian Food week.
Chefs are flying in from India bringing 120 kilogram of original spices with them.
If it wasn't that far I'd love to go... :bunny:

@Gordon:
Will you go?

donP

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
Will the dysentery that I will invariably get also be authentic Indian?
or will it be the usual Dominican variety?

I like vindaloo, just not in da loo.

Feb 7, 2007
Jaragua is in Malecon, just by Maximo Gomez.

WHEN is this culinary show? I would love to go eat some good spicy Indian food!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have one word for you: cilantro. gives me very bad gastric problems both at the entrance and the exit :(

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
:) i would not go even if they paid me. heck, as soon as i wrote my morning cilantro post i had to go real bad.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
:) i would not go even if they paid me. heck, as soon as i wrote my morning cilantro post i had to go real bad.

so if you want to lose a few pounds, come to my dinner. I cook every dish with cilantro. hahahah

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i take your challenge, AZB as long as you have a fully functioning toilet with wide-pipe plumbing :)
in return i am offering totally cilantro free home cooked food whenever you are in POP again :)

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
Tried a visit yesterday, food & service very good indeed, nothing picante enough, but still very good. I was surprised that there was none of the normal breads available, I asked one of the chefs and he confirmed at the night session 6-11pm, there are the nan breads and garlic nans etc. No chutneys either. 2500 RD$ for 2.

Soup - tomato indian style very tasty, made up salad ( not unsimilar to Thai papaya salad), spiced chick pea dish
main - rice, veg curry, Bhoona beef, chicken curry
3 sweets, rice pud with pistachio, semolina and 1 other - never tried the sweet, but looked VG.

For me, worth another visit before close, maybe Fri or Sat evening.

Last edited: