Filming in Cabarete

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Does anybody have any info on all the filming that is going on in Cabarete at the moment? Is this for a movie, a tourism promotion? I just drove past El Rocon and there is a big frame dome all lit up....as I was driving in from Vistas del Caribe and I saw the really bright lights and I thought at first a plane was going to land! Anyone know anything of this, is it part of the filming?
Love to know what is going on.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
MTV's show Rivials (reality show????) is filming here in the PP/Sosua/Cabarete area and will be here for another month or so. It is for next years season which I think will air in February or March.

Bob K

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
They're filming an MTV reality show called "The Challenge" or something like that. there's about 70 cast and crew in Cabarete right now. many of the crew are staying at the Millenium, the rest are scattered about. they're renting a big house in-between cabarete and sosua where they have 26 cast (13 boys/13 girls) members (living together in the house) who get voted off each week. i haven't met any of the cast members as they're shuttled back and forth between the house and the beach. they're just kids. but the crew come out and eat every evening after they finish shooting. they're working like 16 hour days so they come out and eat and then usually run back to their hotel and sleep. some days they take the cast members to different beaches on the north coast and do some shooting there. they work insanely long hours and they're only here until december 10th.

Frank

holland1974

Aug 13, 2008
I think they must be staying at one of the first houses in Hacienda El Choco, for about the last week it sounds like they are partying at night and with all the lights on around the house it looks like an oil field.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
What they were filming is the Battle of the Exes, a reality show. It was shot on various locations of the North coast, the villa they were at is Hacienda Del Rey in El Choco.

I thought I recognized the villa. Have watched some episodes of Battle of the Exes and its funny to see, especially when a few are getting very drunk and then all hell brakes loose.
I do hope the villa was insured for that kind of 'reality' :)

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
It is not very pleasant for those who live anywhere near this villa when the partying hordes are there :(