Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Are We going crazy?

RD$300 mil una mesa en show de "El Bachatú" - Listín Diario Digital

Still having the worst economic crisis that affects us. this country has the luxury of charging from 800dlls to 8,000k for a table, plus ticket prices for a party-concert of a bachata singer.
    DNCD, CIA or DEA should be present.
    This place will be full of Chopos with money. I cant imagine any real rich Dominican with class going to see a bachatero.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about that johnny, I think Dominican views about bachata have morphed over the past 10 years. Much more 'acceptable' to them. And lots of money being made.

I think it's the older [50+] Dominicans like my husband who would agree with you.

AE

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    I don't know about that johnny, I think Dominican views about bachata have morphed over the past 10 years. Much more 'acceptable' to them. And lots of money being made.

I think it's the older [50+] Dominicans like my husband who would agree with you.

AE
    I agree. bachata is more acceptable now, mostly with the youngs. but they fell more identified with the new sound of artists like Prince Royce, Romeo and of course JLG.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    RD$300 mil una mesa en show de "El Bachatú" - Listín Diario Digital

Still having the worst economic crisis that affects us. this country has the luxury of charging from 800dlls to 8,000k for a table, plus ticket prices for a party-concert of a bachata singer.
    DNCD, CIA or DEA should be present.
    This place will be full of Chopos with money. I cant imagine any real rich Dominican with class going to see a bachatero.
    Dude, why you have to be so classist?? Yeah Bachata used to be considered for chopos but now Anthony Santos is slightly accepted in both societies. This jevito and casta mentality needs to stop in the DR once and for all...

And be sure, if it gets hip to go watch Anthony Santos the place will be full of original rich people, it just have to be "hip".

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

When Trujillo accepted bachata, it was inevitable it would elevate to a higher level of acceptance. Don't "dis" it (is that correct terminology?). I wouldn't assume those at a bachata concert were drug dealers any more than I would assume those attending a Led Zeppelin concert were stoned! (I hope you get this). ;-)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Castellamonte View Post
    When Trujillo accepted bachata, it was inevitable it would elevate to a higher level of acceptance. Don't "dis" it (is that correct terminology?). I wouldn't assume those at a bachata concert were drug dealers any more than I would assume those attending a Led Zeppelin concert were stoned! (I hope you get this). ;-)
    Trujillo did not accept "Bachata"; he accepted "Merengue". Bachata did not exist when Trujillo died. Ask Luis Segura..

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrong. I met the man who was the first to sing Bachata to Trujillo (who claimed to enjoy it). I had about 12+ of the most famous past Dominican singers at my place a few years ago for some tourism video fandango and this came up. He's definitely an old dude, tho, so possibly he was blinded by Johnny Ventura and Milly Quezada who also stayed here. But I'm thinking he was spot on.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

This is not a regular bachata concert. I dont think of any rich Dominican who had make their money clean, spending over 8,000dlls to see Anthony Santos or whatever other singer.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrong. I met the man who was the first to sing Bachata to Trujillo (who claimed to enjoy it). I had about 12+ of the most famous past Dominican singers at my place a few years ago for some tourism video fandango and this came up. He's definitely an old dude, tho, so possibly he was blinded by Johnny Ventura and Milly Quezada who also stayed here. But I'm thinking he was spot on.
    Bachata born in 1962, just one year after Trujillo was murder. Jose Manuel Calderon was the first who sang bachata, then Luis Segura.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johnny View Post
    This is not a regular bachata concert. I dont think of any rich Dominican who had make their money clean, spending over 8,000dlls to see Anthony Santos or whatever other singer.
    It's not THAT much although yes only for elite rich people. 300 per table, what 50mil p/p? Thats not mega bucks by any means. I bought my mother tickets for Tina Turner some years ago for little less than that price.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast