How was the Presidente festival ?

W

Wim

How was the Presidente festival this year ?
I sow and heard on TV that their are very good groups on this festival .

Is it every year ?

Wim .

C

CPaulino

The festival happens now every two years. In my opinion, the artists presented are overrated and overpaid. Tickets for a stand up presentation under very hot conditions and rude behavior are too expensive.

The problem with this festival is that the package of artists presented are so different and their styles so much apart from one another that you have to like every style of music to enjoy this thing. To see a favorite artist you have to stand up for hours listening to artists you do not like and some that you even hate. Food is expensive and parking very difficult.

But then again, we Dominicans pay for anything, including second rate concerts. I saw a beer summer festival in Chicago's Grant Park in much better conditions where they presented Marc Anthony,Las Chicas Del Can,Grupo Niche,La Gran Manzana and many other Dominican Merengue bands as good as these(during that time some of these bands were in their heiday) for free!

Cerveza Presidente gets all publicity for this festival and wants you to pay for it too.

M

Mona

Carlos, you are so right.....
But I would say that it is something that you do once......
You didn't mentioned the rain after midnight.....
Well, to wrap up, Wim, the stand up waiting to see the last performer was too much..... Saturday, last performer (Alejandro Fernandez) started at 11:00 and the concert ended around 1:30am.
The stadium was fullllllll. They will do it again. This is solid money and good publicity for Beer Presidente.
Cheers!

C

CPaulino

Presidente and the gullible for Presidente press is saying that this was the best festival ever. Why don't they say that the reason they had as many people is because they stayed away from it for a whole year.(Now is every other year) So that people don't get sick of the same bull.

This festival is mediocre at best, but Presidente has bought the airwaves, the papers and opinion makers to get the people there and celebrate a "big triumph". But what a bunch of second rate performers! This festival is old news. No new faces or themes. Same Merengue bands as always. The same old sicko Rosario Brothers and Toros bands. By god we see these people everyday with the same crap!

Alejandro Fernandez is an old fashioned Mexican balada singer who is nothing but a throwback to days by gone. MDO and Azul Azul are from the new teen craze of old fashioned spanish rock of the 80's(remember the Barrio Boys?) this style is passe.
Gilberto Santa Rosa, as good as he is, is an old timer in salsa. Victor Manuelle would have been a better choice, plus Grupo Niche.

Marc Anthony is already a young oldtimer in salsa. He should stick to English rock now. Where was Grupo Mania? Los Ilegales? the other half of the progressive Rosarios? Any legitimate rock groups?

There is so much better talent out there, but what Presidente is not saying is, that good talent is staying away like droves from this festival because of its mediocrity.

N

Nelson

I went to the Festival each of the three days, and it was great. But then again, as CPaulino said you have to love music to enjoy it.