Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Codetel took away my US IP address

I recently signed up for a new Internet service through Codetel after cancelling a service plan started over 10 years ago. During that time I must have had a US IP address, as I could access Rhapsody and all screens, ads, etc. were in English. Now I have been assigned a DR IP address. Pain in the butt! Lost my access to Rhapsody and get all kinds of Spanish pop-ups. Any idea how to get a US IP address????
    Buzzard

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Auto Hide IP - Hide Your IP Address, Surf Anonymously, Protect Your Identity, Guard Against Hackers

You can get it with this. Or any country you want. I think you can try it for free and see if it works for you. Works for me over here.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Codetel didn't take away your US IP address. You switched providers, and your new provider (Codetel) has a DR IP address. That's it. If you want to access US-exclusive content, sign up for a VPN. I use vpntraffic, it's good and cheap.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

My apologies, Rubio. I failed to say that the original provider was Codetel, also. So how did I switch providers????

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
    My apologies, Rubio. I failed to say that the original provider was Codetel, also. So how did I switch providers????
    Codetel have never supplied ip's based in the USA as far as I'm aware. I have had a DSL account since 97 and always had locally based IP's.

Unless you have a ping or trace route prior to the switch nothing you can do. Get a VPN as has been suggested above.