Codetel took away my US IP address

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
I recently signed up for a new Internet service through Codetel after cancelling a service plan started over 10 years ago. During that time I must have had a US IP address, as I could access Rhapsody and all screens, ads, etc. were in English. Now I have been assigned a DR IP address. Pain in the butt! Lost my access to Rhapsody and get all kinds of Spanish pop-ups. Any idea how to get a US IP address????
Buzzard

Feb 7, 2007
Codetel didn't take away your US IP address. You switched providers, and your new provider (Codetel) has a DR IP address. That's it. If you want to access US-exclusive content, sign up for a VPN. I use vpntraffic, it's good and cheap.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
My apologies, Rubio. I failed to say that the original provider was Codetel, also. So how did I switch providers????

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
My apologies, Rubio. I failed to say that the original provider was Codetel, also. So how did I switch providers????

Codetel have never supplied ip's based in the USA as far as I'm aware. I have had a DSL account since 97 and always had locally based IP's.

Unless you have a ping or trace route prior to the switch nothing you can do. Get a VPN as has been suggested above.