Matilda's blog

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I have been writing a blog about daily life here for around 9 months and thought it was time to share it with DR1 members. I began it when I moved from Juan Dolio to a barrio in the middle of nowhere and I tend to add an update every couple of weeks.

I started it whilst waiting for my book to be published, which is a detailed expos? of political corruption here - hence the need to live under the radar.

I hope you enjoy it - at least it should make you smile!

What about your saucepans?

Matilda

Last edited by a moderator:

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
That's "it' in a nutshell, where and when is the book out ?.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I have been following your blog for a while and I enjoy it every time. Keep up the good descriptions of what it is REALLY like in the DR.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I will continue to follow your blog, Mat, and look forward to each and every incident which unfolds into a fascinating and, most times, amusing story.

Perhaps you could post links to any other articles you have written for the pleasure and entertainment of us all.

Keep up the great work!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Thank you for all the nice feedback and I am glad you are enjoying it. The book has gone off to a potential publisher, so I am just waiting to hear if it is a yes or a no. Fingers crossed.

I have blogged again today on a subject close to most of our hearts here - electricity. I hope you enjoy it at What about your saucepans?

Thanks to DR1 members there were 300 visits to the blog yesterday - amazing!!

Matilda

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I've been hooked on your blog for a long time, happy to see you sharing it with everyone!

I'm sure a lot of new bookmarks were set yesterday too

AE

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Brilliant....
Brought a much needed smile to our faces.
Please keep up the good work
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Certainly one of the best and most entertaining blogs I have ever read. Very well done, "Matilda" I am a fan..

HB

PS: Where was that waterfall?? You can PM me if you want.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
enjoyed your blog immensely, but you have to explain me one thing...

I know Mr Mat, and I know you... I just cannot imagine you holding on to his feet while he was scooping water out of the cisterna. It would just have meant a bath for the 2 of you, I think... lol

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Enjoyable blog Matilda, we have experienced most of your "adventures" but, I now know, luckily I already had experience of some of them. Many years ago I rented a flat in rural Wales. The water came from a tank in the roof fed by a very small manual pump and the privy was at the bottom of the garden over a steam. When its the season we share our, oranges, lemons and guandules with others in the pueblocito. We frequently find root vegetables, strange fruits on our door step. It's a good place to live.