Frog Faced Girl

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Obviously an anencephalic child. Not as rare as one would suspect. As it can be diagnosed during gestation by ultrasound, the prevalence of live births is much lower in countries with good prenatal care as the pregnancies are more likely to be terminated with this diagnosis. Rarely the child will be born alive and survive a few hours.

Randy T

Nov 13, 2011
Obviously an anencephalic child. Not as rare as one would suspect. As it can be diagnosed during gestation by ultrasound, the prevalence of live births is much lower in countries with good prenatal care as the pregnancies are more likely to be terminated with this diagnosis. Rarely the child will be born alive and survive a few hours.

That would make a lot of sense Belmont, countries with poor prenatal care would have a higher prevelance of not spoting these types of births.

The person who wrote this article should also be ashamed of themselves calling the baby a ''criatura'' which I found very very upsetting.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Criatura can also mean "child" in Spanish.

Diccionario Espasa concise ingl?s-espa?ol ? 2000 Espasa Calpe:
criatura sustantivo femenino
1 (ser vivo) creature
2 (ni?o peque?o) baby, child

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i see "criatura" in reference to babies in all dominican newspapers. normal. but very truthful, if you ask me ;)

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
That would make a lot of sense Belmont, countries with poor prenatal care would have a higher prevelance of not spoting these types of births.

The person who wrote this article should also be ashamed of themselves calling the baby a ''criatura'' which I found very very upsetting.

And what about your Title "Frog Baby"

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~Very Sad...all of us with children will continue to count our blessings for healthy children and grand children...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
God bless this child and I hope that she can have a good life.

babies like these are either born dead or die shortly after birth.
i hope mother will feel better soon. she is not to be blamed and i am sure she can have healty kids in the furure.