Dominicans in Milwaukee --and I don't mean the friars ;-)

TheOP

Jul 14, 2006
Somerville, MA
Saludo', mi gente,

I'm a Dominican guy in my late twenties exploring the possibility of moving to Milwaukee from Boston. I might get a job up there. Does anyone on the forum know any Dominicans living there? Do you think I'll find at least one Dominican barber? Will I find a good place to get my merengue and bachata fix?

Thanks!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Sorry OP, but if you are looking for Dominicans in Wisconsin you won't find hardly any. Milwaukee is a very boring city if you are coming from Boston you will hate Milwaukee. Everyone from Milwaukee parties in Chicago because their is zero nightlife in Wisconsin. As for your bachata y merengue fix you have to come to Chi-town. Logan Square and Humboldt Park are Puerto Rican barrios but you will find quite a few dominicans. There is a salsa club in Logan Square where you will find a lot of dominicans and they play bachata and merengue mainly aventura. Just goggle those hoods. Oh yeah I know 5 dominicans salon of hand in Chi-Town,but Milwaukee zero. Bro take it from me you will hate Milwaukee that city SUCKS!!! One Love Kidd!!!

TheOP

Jul 14, 2006
Somerville, MA
Thanks for the candid reply, man. The problem is that I might be forced to move to Milwaukee if I don't find a job in Boston soon. I've heard very good things about Chicago in terms of nightlife. However, I did find out about an association of Dominicans in Wisconsin and also about a couple of Latin clubs. There must be at least one Dominican barber in town. I think I'd be all set in that case.
What are you anyway? Puerto Rican?

KRamirez

Apr 12, 2012
Hey did you find out the info that you needed? I am also looking for Dominican food/clubs in Milwaukee...email me or send me a message if you have info.

Last edited by a moderator:

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
You have to drive down to Chicago or Michigan for most DR spots in this region