Possible Las Galeras Vacation

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
The cold air is quickly moving into the north and our thoughts are again turning to the DR.
Last year we spent two weeks in LT and loved it. This year I am strongly considering Las Galeras, however it is obviously a little off the beaten path and therefore a little tougher to garner information on.

Below are 3 links to hotels / residence I have found. We will not have transportation so being walking distance to local establishments is fairly important.
Also , I am not a huge beach person but my wife does enjoy the beach, so if anyone has knowlege as to whether the below establishments are on decent beaches I would appreciate it.

English Hotel plaza Lusitania Las Galeras

rent home las galeras Samana Dominican Republic

English Hotel Todoblanco

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Las Galerasis remote and small...and beautiful. It is nothing like LT. There are few "local establishments" to speak of.

The Mac Daddy resort is the AHMSA Samana Grand Paradise. We spent three days there last week and came away very impressed.

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Tranquil country house- good price!!

La Casa del Mar is RELAXING and nicely isolated. BEAUTIFUL view and pool is awesome. House is nice- not luxurious, but very comfortable. Kitchen is a bit spartan. Very nice security guard Awildo watches over you. He took us on a walking tour to Fronton beach close by last time. (We drove to the start of the hiking trail- one hour hike.) This house is not in walking distance of anything, but think you could call a taxi quite easily. It is somewhat hard to drive to the house. (A steep, rocky uphill at the start.) We had a four wheel drive vehicle both times but did not have to use 4 wheel drive. A taxi with bad tires could be totally different. Be sure to get to restaurant El Cabito: El Cabito Call to make a reservation beforehand. Next time I'm going to jump off the cliff. Last time my fiancee would not let me, but now I have her permission- at least for the moment!!

House is located about 5-7 miles S of Las Galeras. Yocasty, the house agent, is intelligent and helpful.

La Casa del Mar: Samana Vacation Rental - VRBO 346586 - 3 BR Dominican Republic Villa, La Casa Del Mar: Caribbean Luxury with the Best Views

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Next time I'm going to jump off the cliff. Last time my fiancee would not let me, but now I have her permission- at least for the moment!!

Is that a good thing??? Did you take out any life insurance in the mean time??? Hmmm, wondering.

Just joking, I know you guys have a good thing going. It just sounded funny.

Normal

Oct 16, 2011
Las Galerasis remote and small...and beautiful. It is nothing like LT. There are few "local establishments" to speak of.

The Mac Daddy resort is the AHMSA Samana Grand Paradise. We spent three days there last week and came away very impressed.

Me and the better half are spending the Thanksgiving weekend there... looking forward to it.

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Jejejejej- I think the jump is about 50 feet- that is starting to be a bit dangerous. The climb back up is the hard part, tho. Hope I make it.

Is that a good thing??? Did you take out any life insurance in the mean time??? Hmmm, wondering.

Just joking, I know you guys have a good thing going. It just sounded funny.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
lusitania is on the main corner in town and steps away from the main beach. todo blanco is very nice and a very short walk as is the isletta, marinique and also you may find plenty of villas there. we rented from juan y lolo last year and were happy. el cabito is awesome and not to be missed while there. ben

latitude19

May 29, 2011
Yes- now that she knows the real me. She said, "Why of course you can. Maybe you'd like to go more than once, practice some rotations." And that bloody mess of a few chickens she threw in the water, she said it wasn't shark chum, but merely the remnants of a voodoo potion used to cleanse her brothers soul.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
We've stayed in Todo Blanco - very nice, very quiet - just what we wanted. Take some good books to read!

Thank You. My initial contact with Todo Blanco has been postive. They responded to my inquires very promptly.
I require WIFI due to my job. Does Todo Blanco have WIFI?

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006

Is the Grand Paradise walking distance to downtown? If so approximately how far.
It really is not my first choice to go to an AI but sometimes it is the path of least resistance.