None resident wants to drive legally for 6 months

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I am bringing a guest back with me for 6 months, for him to beable to drive legally for 6 months I take it he will have to have an extended visitor visa, what is the easiest way to organize this?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
To make a long story short (has been discussed to death before), the only way to do this is:

Get an extension of your tourist card for 3 months, the maximum time you can drive legally in the country with a foreign license while staying legally in the country is 3 months. After 3 months you leave for 1 day, come back and do the same.
This way you are staying legally for 6 months with an interruption of one day.

Forget all the b***sh*t about international drivers licenses and getting a Dominican license in that short period of time and a foreign license being legal for more than 3 months.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
To make a long story short (has been discussed to death before), the only way to do this is:

Get an extension of your tourist card for 3 months, the maximum time you can drive legally in the country with a foreign license while staying legally in the country is 3 months. After 3 months you leave for 1 day, come back and do the same.
This way you are staying legally for 6 months with an interruption of one day.

Forget all the b***sh*t about international drivers licenses and getting a Dominican license in that short period of time and a foreign license being legal for more than 3 months.

If you want to stay legal just take the Caribe tours to Dajabon, get your passport stamped to leave and then go right back in. A 1 day investment in staying legal.