Need home for 2 dogs - good guard dogs - quickly!

Olives

Jun 15, 2011
We haven't heard back from someone and we don't want to take them as we move. They were originally street dogs that were rescued a few years ago and then we have had them for about 7 months. We broke them of being spoiled and only wanting to be inside to now they are good outdoor dogs that make sure people are scared while passing the yard.

Good with kids and other dogs!

We are leaving in a few days and need them to be taken quickly, please let me know if you want to see the dogs.

We are in Sosua.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
You've left it a bit late, it takes a long time to rehome dogs properly, a few days is desperate. Do you have photos, you will stand 10 times more chance if you get some photos on here. Other than that you will be looking at finding a foster, which are few and far between, but you never know, first point is get the photos up. Second, start softening up your close friends to look after them while you persue a permanent home for them from abroad. 3rd, send these (info@aaasosua.com) a copy of the photos for their board and explain the situation, you might get lucky if they are appealing.

Last edited:

Olives

Jun 15, 2011
Who rescued the dogs initially?

It was a missionary couple who had to go back to England due to health issues. We grabbed them as they were leaving and we had need for them. I thought we had a person who was taking them but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
If I were you I'd be clicking away with the camera, 3 days and counting. No one is going to just come along and offer an out, especially without pictures, get them up.

Olives

Jun 15, 2011
bVCyh9beiHTCapwTcjtqANMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0

Please let me know if you have to have an account to see or not, I am not sure how picasaweb works.

Last edited:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I can see them fine. Am I right in thinking you are not returning, you want a permanent new home for these dogs, or will you be returning and beable to take them back again?

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
1zoivqp.jpg

For me the photo isn't displaying from your original link so, since the clock is ticking, I reposted the photo to tinypic.com.

I think rescued DR street dogs are the best. I have two I've had since they were puppies.

Olives

Jun 15, 2011
We won't be returning to live in this area, we are moving south and the house has 3 dogs already, plus we have another younger dog we rescued. Too many dogs and not the resources to care for them all, we thought someone wanted them here, but since we are not getting that same message.... that is why the last minute panic.

These dogs are good dogs, my kids love them, my youngest can be a bit rough sometimes as we teach him how to treat dogs and they have never hurt him. YET, they will go into attack mode over anyone entering the yard. They won't bite if you are letting them know the person is welcome. They like to play fight with each other which scares even the gardener.

Olives

Jun 15, 2011
1zoivqp.jpg

For me the photo isn't displaying from your original link so, since the clock is ticking, I reposted the photo to tinypic.com.

I think rescued DR street dogs are the best. I have two I've had since they were puppies.

Thank you.

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
These are really wonderful dogs. I wish that I could help out Olives, but as you know, I already have 4 of my own. I'll be praying.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
We won't be returning to live in this area, we are moving south and the house has 3 dogs already, plus we have another younger dog we rescued. Too many dogs and not the resources to care for them all, we thought someone wanted them here, but since we are not getting that same message.... that is why the last minute panic.

These dogs are good dogs, my kids love them, my youngest can be a bit rough sometimes as we teach him how to treat dogs and they have never hurt him. YET, they will go into attack mode over anyone entering the yard. They won't bite if you are letting them know the person is welcome. They like to play fight with each other which scares even the gardener.

IMO. When a person takes an animal in then THAT person is responsible for it. For life or finding a new home for it. Not having "enough"... food, room, moving, moving to a place with other animals is lame.

You care for them or find them new homes. It takes over a YEAR to re-home a dog. Two years for a cat. I don't even want to go near talking about an old beat up donkey. (He is here for as long as he is here.)

Take care of what you need to take care of. YOU took the animal in and YOU are the responsible person. GREAT if someone takes them. OR you can be like sooooo many other gringos that find a dog, feed it and then leave... without the dog.

????????????? What will you do?

Last edited:

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
If you are not able to place them immediately, which, and I agree on this with Ringo, is sometimes a long quest, you should consider reserving them a space at Judy's Pet Lodge. In that way you can move to your new place, the dogs get the best care and you can look out for a new home for them.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
If the dogs are abandoned they will likely be poisoned or worse for being an annoyance as they will hang around the property for weeks, months, as long as it takes for you to return, and like you say they are aggressive of this house now, that is not a good thing if they don't live there anymore.
If you are not there then we all know how people deal with unwanted dogs in DR. Make sure that doesn't happen. Keep them with you or a friend or kennel until they have a new home, abandoning them is not an option.
Dogs are loyal unlike some owners, but I can see you want to do the right thing, so good on you, see they have a future.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
If the dogs are abandoned they will likely be poisoned or worse for being an annoyance as they will hang around the property for weeks, months, as long as it takes for you to return, and like you say they are aggressive of this house now, that is not a good thing if they don't live there anymore.
If you are not there then we all know how people deal with unwanted dogs in DR. Make sure that doesn't happen. Keep them with you or a friend or kennel until they have a new home, abandoning them is not an option.
Dogs are loyal unlike some owners, but I can see you want to do the right thing, so good on you, see they have a future.

If you take on a pet then you take care of it. IMO... just like your child, grand dad, funny uncle or whom ever. I've done them all. I've taken care of them all.

Olives

Jun 15, 2011
Still need a home... not sure what to do. The typical no return calls, etc... that I have experienced since living here. When someone says "I will call you back" does that mean something? Because where I come from usually that means " I will call you back." ?:(

Anyone willing to help? I can try to call Dr.Bob and Judy in the AM but since no return call or message I am assuming that it may be NO room for the dogs or desire to take them.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Still need a home... not sure what to do. The typical no return calls, etc... that I have experienced since living here. When someone says "I will call you back" does that mean something? Because where I come from usually that means " I will call you back." ?:(

Anyone willing to help? I can try to call Dr.Bob and Judy in the AM but since no return call or message I am assuming that it may be NO room for the dogs or desire to take them.

You don't seem to get it!

And many are watching!

Just about every one would like to help!

But no one has come up with taking your dogs.

SOOO many ask you about them... will take them????

But YOU have not come up with any answer to your own responsibility of taking care of your responsibilities.

you will call "Dr. Bob". ?????