Anyone taken a vehicle from USA To DR, that is more than 5 years old

Colombianonrd

Oct 25, 2011
Anyone taken a vehicle from USA To DR, that is more than 5 years old, Ive seen other threads that say you can take a vehicle over 5 years old to DR, other theads say you can only take one that is 5 years old or less if you have owned it for more than a year in the USA. Can you explain the process, was it worth it, how much did you pay in taxes, how much in freight. and can you recomend a shipper and customs agent for me. I live in West Palm Beach area. Before I take vehicle I will make sure I have Dominican Residency so I get take advantage of tax breaks offerered for DR residents... Cars in Dr are just to expensive and here in the USA I can go to car Auction buy a vehicle for half price of retail and save.. The unknown is for taken it overthere to DR., Any info you can give me will be greatly apreciated.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I did and got whacked in Adaunas big time. It's possible, but you WILL pay through the nose...

Unless the vehicle in question is a specialty tool or have extreme sentimental value, it's just not worth it.