Orange Dominicana - I loathe you!

Feb 7, 2007
BEFORE, I loved Orange! I adored Orange! I was satisfied with Orange! It was great to have Orange!

NOW, I hate Orange! I loathe Orange! I would smash their storefront windows if that would not get me in a trouble.

WHY? Because ORANGE DOMINICANA STOLE me (and my company) 4.000 fidepuntos from our corporate/fleet account. That's 52,000 pesos in billing with taxes included. They stole it because they now came up with a new clause that Fidepuntos expire after 24 months from accrual. It was not like that before.

ORANGE I can f%^&k you too... there are ways ... if I decide to LEAVE you, I will NEVER be back, and make no mistake, when I leave, I will leave with couple of new phones and you can eat the hefty "balance" that will be left on the account, saying GoodBye to you the "true and only" Dominican way! You still have a 48 hour window of opportunity, as per our correspondence, to make up good on this issue!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Kinda like what Spirit Air did with my freaky flier miles a couple of months ago.
If one doesn't fly every 90 days all those built up miles just fly away, and that was from a change that was not announced ahead of time to give one a chance to use those miles.
Der Fish

Exact same thing happened to me with Spirit - 50,000+ miles - whoosh!!

AE

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
ORANGE I can f%^&k you too... there are ways ... if I decide to LEAVE you, I will NEVER be back, and make no mistake, when I leave, I will leave with couple of new phones and you can eat the hefty "balance" that will be left on the account, saying GoodBye to you the "true and only" Dominican way! You still have a 48 hour window of opportunity, as per our correspondence, to make up good on this issue!

anyone else see the irony here? while one way may be the "true and only" dominican way.....the last sentence is probably a most "non-dominican" way. :)

good luck with that 48 hour window. let us know if orange 'made good'.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Sorry to hear that, I guess we were lucky as they contacted us to tell us that we were going to lose all the points.
Of course, they told us this on the final day !... 100% Dominican client service.

We then got them so confused with the change of phone type they were offering vs what they had in stock and the type of new service's we might need that we got everything we wanted 5 weeks later, new phones, old contracts etc.
We still like Orange more or less.
Are the other companies or their service any better ?.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and now banco popular says the same about acumulated miles, they expire within one year. hello? couldn't you say this earlier than end of november?