Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MotoCaribe First Tour of the '11-'12 Season Report

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default MotoCaribe First Tour of the '11-'12 Season Report

Great time had by all!

Ride Report: Dominican Republic North Coast Tour

Slide Show by the riders wife who rode in the van:
    <div style="width: 466px;"> <object width="466" height="375"> <param name="movie" value="http://cdn.photoshow.com/psp_assets/exbed_player.0.2.0.swf"/> <param name="FlashVars" value="showCode=UW4Kb6UW&systemConfigUrl=http://cdn.photoshow.com/publish/system_config.0.2.0.xml&viewerWidth=466&viewerHeight=375&autoPlayBack=false&muteOnStart=false&useWidgetMaker=false"/> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/> <param name="quality" value="high"/> <embed src="http://cdn.photoshow.com/psp_assets/exbed_player.0.2.0.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" FlashVars="showCode=UW4Kb6UW&systemConfigUrl=http://cdn.photoshow.com/publish/system_config.0.2.0.xml&viewerWidth=466&viewerHeight=375&autoPlayBack=false&muteOnStart=false&useWidgetMaker=false" allowfullscreen="true" quality="high" width="466" height="375"></embed> </object></div>

This will be a fantastic year!

Post Thanks / Like

Great! I liked the way it was put together, BUT..
    That damn music is not Dominican, and there are good merengues, boleros, even raggueton that would be so much better!!!

Like the [email protected] advertisement for Guatemala that has Colombian music in the back ground instead of marimba...sheesh. Call Bev and clue here in??

Thanks Robert, it is a very well put together show...

HB

Moderator DR1.com

3. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Great video! Like i mentioned on another thread, me and my friend passed you guys last friday up in the mountains in La Cumbre. i counted 8 of you guys but i don't really know how many you were? My friend and i were driving an orange KTM 950SM and a CBR1000rr. we were heading in the opposite direction. I'm sure you guys had a lot of fun!!

Frank

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess opinions differ as I found it quite boring.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

The music was painful

7. Likes rubio_higuey liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I must say the photos were terrible and the music none relevant, but they obviously had a good time, they are biking enthusiasts not photographers and musicians, so good on them, I'd love to do a tour on those bikes some day.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

First timers to the DR see and hear different things than veteran DR travelers. Remember your first time? These folks are from the Olympia Peninsula in WA state...

I'm flattered she took the time and effort to put it together.

They're scheduled to come back for the SW tour next year...

10. Likes Givadogahome, Chip liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't think of a more enjoyable way of seeing and experiencing this island than in a group tour like this, and on motorcycles exactly like these Suzuki's--which are specifically made for absorbing the pot holes, fallen trees, and ditches that make up this fabulous island--some which are as deep as a three story building with horses, donkeys, and small children peeking out of the top of many of them.

I've been touring this island on motorcycles my whole life and it really is exhilarating, mentally stimulating, and stunning all at the same time--especially up in the mountains where you see coffee and cacao growing and drying on the sides of the mountain, fruit stands stacked with papaya, coconut, chinola, oranges, tangerines, small children, beautiful women, and grapefruits as large as one's helmet.

The cities also offer a variety of sights and smells to stimulate the senses and open the nasal passages. while driving thru small villages and large cities, one always has the option of bypassing the congestion and traffic on the streets and take to the sidewalks where, for good or bad, one is blessed with the agility to compete with motoconchos, passolas, donkey carts, small children, and AMET while traversing and serpentining to the front of the lines.

Yep, there is nothing as invigorating and mentally stimulating as a motorcycle tour around this fabulous island. In fact, it's best described as opium to the masses becuase its truly a religious experience, and it truly needs to be experienced in order to be fully appreciated.

Frank
    Last edited by frank12; 11-24-2011 at 10:02 PM.

12. Likes cobraboy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank12 View Post
    I can't think of a more enjoyable way of seeing and experiencing this island than in a group tour like this, and on motorcycles exactly like these Suzuki's--which are specifically made for absorbing the pot holes, fallen trees, and ditches that make up this fabulous island--some which are as deep as a three story building with horses, donkeys, and small children peeking out of the top of many of them.

I've been touring this island on motorcycles my whole life and it really is exhilarating, mentally stimulating, and stunning all at the same time--especially up in the mountains where you see coffee and cacao growing and drying on the sides of the mountain, fruit stands stacked with papaya, coconut, chinola, oranges, tangerines, small children, beautiful women, and grapefruits as large as one's helmet.

The cities also offer a variety of sights and smells to stimulate the senses and open the nasal passages. while driving thru small villages and large cities, one always has the option of bypassing the congestion and traffic on the streets and take to the sidewalks where, for good or bad, one is blessed with the agility to compete with motoconchos, passolas, donkey carts, small children, and AMET while traversing and serpentining to the front of the lines.

Yep, there is nothing as invigorating and mentally stimulating as a motorcycle tour around the fabulous island. In fact, it's best described as opium to the masses becuase its truly a religious experience, and it truly needs to be exerienced in order to be fully appreciated.

Frank
    Wow. Well said, Frank. Can I quote you? That is one of the most accurate statements I've ever read.

Yes, touring the DR by motorcycle is a simply amazing experience...one of the best descriptions I can make: sensory overload...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

A bit off topic for a second, but is there actually a difference between a motobike and car license in DR, in many countries if you hold a car license you automatically qualify to ride a motorbike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast