mrs. muller's vegetable compound

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
wife's a bit of a hypochondriac. have loads of medicines and stuff around the house.
she's come home with a new on this time though.....some brown liquid concoction called sra. muller's vegetable compound.
it came in a nice box, but for some reason that has spirited away.
the label on the bottle says it is from santiago.

wife tells me it's another one of those many medicines you can find here to 'clean your insides out'.
alarmingly though, google comes up with many more links suggesting it is some sort of fertility medicine.

i never heard of mrs. muller or her vegetable compound.
has anyone else heard of this stuff?
i would be most grateful to hear of any stories that would put thoughts of some dear old german lady mashing vegetables in a big pot somewhere up north (of SD) straight out of my head.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I found these comments from people who had ordered it on amazon.

I drink this product and it clean my system out and it got me pregnant the same day my husband got back home from deployment. Recommend it.

We're been trying for months to get pregnant after a loss. I rec'd this from a family member, started taking it right away & that same month I was pregnant!!

good luck!

Matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
gullible folks, gee.
this cordial is just some vegetable/vitamine mash. it's a kind of "wonder" concotion what is supposed to cure pains, help with fertilization, regulate metabolism, calm down nerves and god knows what.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
El compuesto vegetal de la senora Muller es un alto y eficiente reconstituyente para la mujer despues de esos dias dificiles de cada mes...

This is a very popular product in DR

Can remember this radio comercial back in 60

JJ

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
My neighbor told me it helped her get pregnant.

It's to be expected - lack of education + lack of government = opportunity for charlatans. It's like in the wild west and all those 'tonic' remedies...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am off to work soon so i can give you the list of the ingredients.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002

It's to be expected - lack of education + lack of government = opportunity for charlatans. It's like in the wild west and all those 'tonic' remedies...
Amway, religious sects - they have a field day!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
compuesto vegetal de la sra. muller:
black haw bark
dogwood bark
chamomile flower
orange peel bitter
gentian root bark
vitamin b1
wine c.s.p.
there, something a bruja would make.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006

You really should open your eyes as some of these 'charlatan' remedies actually work. Next time you have an infected wound or mosquito bite take the skin off a plantain and heat it in the gas and put it on, will draw out all of the poison. And savila (aloe vera) straight from the plant is a brilliant cure for all sorts of ills and wounds. Rather than always criticizing the people here and the country why not listen a little and watch a little and maybe you will learn something worthwhile.

Matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yes and no, mat. some of those things do work: alhucema, manzanilla y anis estrella is better for gases than any pill we sell. sabila is in all after sun lotions and its benefits are well known. hot water with lemon, ginger and honey is better for the cold than sinutab. i could go on and on.

but then, on the other hand, there are many "wonder" plants/chemicals than get in and out of fashion for their supposed all round fantastic effects. in poland we say "krawaty wiaze, przerywa ciaze" (makes tie knots and aborts pregnancies, id est: works for everything). it used to be noni, pomegranate, acai berry... when i admit that all of them are beneficial in some way THEY DO NOT CURE ALL DISEASES.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Fads come and go. Been using a Shaklee multi-vitamin for over 25 years, but I'm not a salesman; do your own research. I am, however, recently more interested in moringa. Just Google it.....and you decide.
That, and the old favorite, coconut water. Which is basically free here. Great for hangovers.!
Moringa grows really well here.
Haven't even had the 'gripe' for 2 or 3 years now; or any other common maladies.
Maybe it's just luck.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
wife's a bit of a hypochondriac. have loads of medicines and stuff around the house.
she's come home with a new on this time though.....some brown liquid concoction called sra. muller's vegetable compound.
it came in a nice box, but for some reason that has spirited away.
the label on the bottle says it is from santiago.

wife tells me it's another one of those many medicines you can find here to 'clean your insides out'.
alarmingly though, google comes up with many more links suggesting it is some sort of fertility medicine.

i never heard of mrs. muller or her vegetable compound.
has anyone else heard of this stuff?
i would be most grateful to hear of any stories that would put thoughts of some dear old german lady mashing vegetables in a big pot somewhere up north (of SD) straight out of my head.

After reading all the comments here I would play it safe. Go to the vegetable market, buy some rotting vegetables (at a discount of course). Put them another week in the fridge and then in the blender... then fill up that pot again.

Better safe than sorry.