"TGSBF" The Great Sovereign Bond Fiasco

C

CPaulino

Dominicans and investors be ready! The Great Sovereign Bond Fiasco is Coming! $US500,000,000 will be let loose on the streets of Santo Domingo by a government that has not, in its history, being able to manage any economic situation(See Salvador Jorge Blanco and Antonio Guzman, former PRD Presidents like Hipolito)

The pattern for PRD governments is runaway inflation,high foreign debt,high national debt, street riots, extreme poverty, high unemployment and business failures.

This is how your $500 million most probably will be spent:

$100,000,000 for Pollitos(yellow taxicabs)
$100,000,000 for Jeepetas for every government officials and the military
$50,000,000 for cellular phones for Senators, Deputies and all government officials
$100,000,000 for luxury apartment buildings in the land where Herrera Airport is now located for top members of the Partido Revolucionario Dominicano
$100,000,000 to buy beach front areas for government officials' resort residences
$50,000,000 for computers, internet, playstations for their kids.

How are we going to pay for it. Watch for $75 pesos for a gallon of gasoline by year end.

H

hlywud

And other cost will rise also

Cost for us (tourist) will also rise to the point where we will not be able to afford the DR. Somebody is going to pay for this and it will be the taxpayer and consumer in the DR. I will be watching the prices this coming winter very closely and may have to end a wonderful 12 year affair with a beautiful country.
Another point:
So that is what PRD stands for (Partido Revolucionario Dominicano ) and all the time I thought it was partido repubican y dem?crata in otherwords they cannot make up their mind which party to belong to.

T

Tom

HB, lets go into Bond Business

Lets see; at the inflated price of 20 grand, thats five thousand taxis (that ought to lower fares)

4000 jeeps, what a parade they can have

a MILLION cell phones, Codetel stock ought to rise

Some figure you got there.

Where in Gods name are they going to find someone to underwrite these bonds. Talk about "junk Bonds," Just what is Moody's lowest rating? These things would be 30cents on the dollar if you dared to hold them more than 30 days

Hillbilly, how about you and I issuing a few Million in Bonds, we could probably get a better rating

G

Grahame Bush

Re: HB, lets go into Bond Business

Hey there Tom,
As I said sometime near the beginning of these threads re Government Sovereign Bonds, send me the money & I'll invest them on the financial houses down here. I'll pay the 10.5% no problem by investing safely & getting a return of 18% p.a. (compounding monthly will make it even greater). No taxes, no problems & the 7.5% difference for me - No Complaints from me!!!
Come on guys, send me your money & make me rich enough to spend all my time at the golf course!! That's where we've got our money stashed - in the commercial centres!!! G ^_^