Orange is rotten

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I tempted fate the other day by telling people that even though it may not be the fastest service, at least our Orange Net Hogar (Flybox) internet never lets us down completely, in contrast with the dark days when we had Claro.

For the last 4 - 5 days Orange Net Hogar has been a disaster. It comes on for a few minutes, then goes off. The Flybox needs to be restarted each time. I had to do this just to post this thread!

We've phoned Servicio al Cliente abut three times and they say it's a general problem, and they can't give us an idea of when it will be sorted out. They don't know.

Is anyone else affected by this?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Yes, same here. I am in Pueblo Bavaro. Same day Orange caused problems Tricom went off too, which makes me think they had the same problem somehow. However, the day it occured I was glad as it seemed Orange fixed it faster while Tricom needed a whole day to get back on track. Now Tricom works flawless again but Orange still has problems.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Edit:
Having Orange now connected to another PC experiencing no problems so far... Maybe your problem is "PC Village" only? Or your flybox has a hickup?

I experienced the same like 4 - 5 days ago, not on Orange since then. Being connected now, Orange seems not having problems.

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Edit:
Having Orange now connected to another PC experiencing no problems so far... Maybe your problem is "PC Village" only? Or your flybox has a hickup?

I experienced the same like 4 - 5 days ago, not on Orange since then. Being connected now, Orange seems not having problems.
Flybox has a hitch is my suspicion, but they insist there is a general problem and they're working on it. FWIW when there is a connection it's faster than usual.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
As far as I know there are peaks when it is very fast (usually early morning) and extremely slow (usually early evening when all the sankies are online chatting or watching youtube lol).

"General" could mean for them that besides you maybe one or two more might have problems in your area.... That it is faster than usual when you have connection could be that only one at a time "makes it online" so in that very moment you getting a connection you getting all the available bandwith since you might be the only one connected from that cluster.

But then again, I am no expert just guessing. My bet is still your flybox might be the problem...

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Chiri, downtown Las Terrenas, the Flybox owners are experiencing the same issues you do. Having to restart the Flybox etc. However, my Flybox is ok, because I am in another area, depending on another antenna...

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I have the same problem I am in the Sabaneta area North Coast I think its the rain as no problems 2 weeks ago its been raining last 2 weeks here.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Boy I thought it was just me. We are having the same problem here in the Sosua/Cabarete area. Very fustrating.

Bob K

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's worth calling *555 and complaining, mainly in the hope that they'll be able to tell us when the problem will be sorted, but also because last year they gave subscribers 3 months free service to compensate for a period of weak connection.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You guys need to find a Claro tech man and take care of him. Get his cell number and call him instead of that dumb number. I have had Claro internet since they started and don't even know the phone number for service.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Back in PC after a few hours of great service at DR1 towers last night and this morning. It's still really bad here - coming up to 6 days.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Ours is better today, in fact, more or less back to normal - slowish but it doesn't go off every few minutes.